santa pod today. Not great times tho!!

done a couple of runs on the strip today. 1st time was crap due to a terrible start 16.34sec at 84.11 mph. 2nd were'nt much better 16.18sec at 88.54 mph. for both runs i
was along side a guy in a battered r5 gtt but it was far from standard and he kicked my ass. i think i could of improved a bit if i had done my four runs but my little girl had had enough so we went home. and maybe a cooler day as it was scourching.
good crack tho and met a few lads in 182's and meganes.

Attachments

• santa pod 2010 002.jpg
    santa pod 2010 002.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 94
  • santa pod 2010 003.jpg
    santa pod 2010 003.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 88
thanks lads for that, it did get a lot of comments up there. if i could afford it i would love to coil it but bank acc says NO. maybe next year.

Nice car mate!! Great colour I can get in to late to mid 15's!

Nashy

Can't beat black all polished up can you. I think I can get the time down a bit but not alot. Had a full tank of juice and a boot load of baby ****, and it was very hot and I know she goes better in the cold. All good fun tho. Next stop trax in a few weeks. Should go better on the track.

Yeah born for the track mate!! Yeah I had a full tank and car full of stuff first time round 2nd time had 1/4 tank empty car ran loads better!!

Nashy

Must admit, even the cup spoiler looks nice on your car! Very nice mate.

grat fun isn't it suprising how it gets the adrenalin pumping you think it's dead easy before you try it and its so not. you can do a million gear changes flawlessly but then you get on the strip and loose it completly.

Ye he was in the blue 172, i raced him twice and he beat me both times lol i was gutted.

did you have a good weekend and anyone know the best things to do to make my car quicker than his

To be honest - all times >15.5s are terrible for the stock 197.

Especially on the track that has rubber asphalt.

Don't get me wrong - it's not my intention to make you feel bad - just thinking out loud.

Maybe you should work out on your reaction time and the first 50m.

Try to change gears as high as possible - @ 7500rpm, not at the shift light. If you're on the normal asphalt with the CSC3 tyres - start with the >4000rpm and go easy on the clutch.

Last edited:
Ye he was in the blue 172, i raced him twice and he beat me both times lol i was gutted.

did you have a good weekend and anyone know the best things to do to make my car quicker than his

I got battered twice buy a beat up old gt turbo so how do you think I felt in my ten grand motor!!! I great big super charger from jamsport may help. I had a good crack tho so that's all that matters .

Car looks wicked, best 197 I've seen for a while.

(I even mistuck it for a 200 in the little thumbnail pictures, haha.)