s it Just Me Or Are The Roads Droppin To Pieces???

Is it just me or are the roads falling apart since the snow and ice??

Took the 197 out for a blast for the first time in ages the other day and there are now so many pot holes and loose chippings about it's untrue. Stone chip city :frown:

cold weather and frost breaks them up......but dont worry your motoring taxes will be used to make sure they are like billiard table smooth for the summer time :wink:

cold weather and frost breaks them up......but dont worry your motoring taxes will be used to make sure they are like billiard table smooth for the summer time :wink:

Will they fook, they are never guna fix them. They are shocking for fixing them, they will put a fit of fast set in the hole and leave them.

I don't know how they can let British roads get so bad, when you see how well the rest of Europe seem to maintain theirs??

Round my way most of the roads (apart from A roads) have developed some serious pot holes and what has worn away is stood on the surface as stones. Surely there are countries with far more severe winters whose roads don't disintegrate like this. Perhaps it might have eased things a bit if they had actually bothered to do a comprehensive job of gritting in the first place. :@

Same round by me, terrible pot holes!

I think it's cause the councils lost millions of pounds they had in the banks in Iceland that fell through with the recession, think they haven't got the cash to
maintain them now!

Sure I heard that on the news few months back? Anyone else hear that or did I dream it lol!

Round my way most of the roads (apart from A roads) have developed some serious pot holes and what has worn away is stood on the surface as stones. Surely there are countries with far more severe winters whose roads don't disintegrate like this. Perhaps it might have eased things a bit if they had actually bothered to do a comprehensive job of gritting in the first place. :@

20% of your road tax goes to making roads in afghan u know? Round my area we still have ice damaged roads from the previous years cold weather to be fixed, let alone thelatest damage.

omg mental haha my local roads are resurfaced almost every year! always curse them where there here like "ffs get out the way":tongueout:suppose that means we have a good councill...will have to keep voting them......(not that i know who "them are)

Re-surfacing round here means spreading a load of loose stones over some tar and leaving it, meaning for the next 6 weeks or so your car gets clattered with stones every time you drive over it!

Re-surfacing round here means spreading a load of loose stones over some tar and leaving it, meaning for the next 6 weeks or so your car gets clattered with stones every time you drive over it!

Cant win really then, lets jus leave the cars in the garage and admire the styling.

Lol i've done 5000miles in a year of ownership :worried: Shameful i know. The longest i've driven it was upto FCS haha.

Will they fook, they are never guna fix them. They are shocking for fixing them, they will put a fit of fast set in the hole and leave them.

the £50 billion + in motoring taxes all goes to the up keep of our roads....dont you know :wink:

the £50 billion + in motoring taxes all goes to the up keep of our roads....dont you know :wink:

lol!

According to a recent survey the roads in Yorkshire are some of the worst.

Im surised Iv not been pulled over for the amount of weaving around I do just trying to get a smooth ride lol!

lol!

According to a recent survey the roads in Yorkshire are some of the worst.

Im surised Iv not been pulled over for the amount of weaving around I do just trying to get a smooth ride lol!

i know !!!! thats why mine rattles so much due to going round all the twisties....

lol i've done 2500 in just over a years ownership :blush:hmy:

Emz, that is no miles at all! lol. Iv done 5k in 6 months.

But the roads are a nightmare up here, they never get repaired and are mostly just A roads and B roads. Most of our road tax probably go to those big electronic signs they put at the side of the road to point out the already obvious 'Don't drink and drive' slogan.