Russ B's Albi Blue 197 project

Hi all,

So i was after a 197 to do up for a while. i looked for ages for a half decent one and i came across this on the for sale forums on here, it was local, long story short.. i ended up with her
this is as i picked her up.
97B20FE0-17D8-4B04-BC47-2ADD8C5E798C_zpsifyb2rxh.jpg

06FD2903-5DB7-4D95-85E5-545545E593F8_zpsie84qjn8.jpg

6AB27E5A-00BA-4F04-ABC5-7C6262EA06E9_zpsi72rovlu.jpg

Last edited:
so here she is after being in my possession for a few days she looks nice - not that it didn't before
AC21127E-823C-4235-B28E-A58AF43DBD6A_zpse0srm4bn.jpg

517C1F19-8B9A-4BA1-B7DC-6EB50F487B61_zps65q2v13g.jpg

B5300839-85F6-4F5C-B986-D8C634D92993_zpsd6b6cnei.jpg

she's covered 66k now, as of a renault and a 8 year old car she does have a few little issues i want to sort. I luckily work for a renault dealership just about to enter my third year of training so i can do most of the work myself, so first issue is now solved and that was a massive blow in the exhaust. We had it up on a ramp for closer inspection and the previous owner had a garage do a centre box removal and my god it was absolutely shocking, no welds, no clamps barring one.. for some strange reason the exhaust paste was on the clamp not the pipe? wtf right? so adding some proper exhaust paste to where its meant to be, clamping it properly no more blow.. this will last me til i buy a nice cat-back. other than this centre box removal and the F1 seats the cars pretty standard.

This weekend I'm treating it too a full service, plugs, air filter, oil and filter then a full coolant change too. whilst doing this with the inlet off i am going to add a new rocker cover and re-seal the oil catch on top as these are pone to leaking, pretty sure it already is, so it will be in tip-top health. In a few months when i do the cam belt and dephaser it will all be changed again and it should flush all the systems through.
overall pretty please with it, sounds awesome, goes like stink.

Future upgrades:
Projector lights with HID kit installed
coilovers (unsure which make at present)
cup spoiler
Custom exhaust system possibly de-cat
full engine bay detail, with silicone hoses
matched inlets - gas flowed manifold
ITG penel filter
front splitter and side splitters
black alloys (dad happens to be a painter)
black diffuser
Get my private plate on with Renault sport number plates
RS200 R.S badge
Grooved brembo discs with brembo pads all round

Thats all for now, with me at renault and dad being a painter should make an awesome motor. watch this space :wink:

Last edited:
welcome along..hope you enjoy your pride..quite handy you can do most of the maintenance yourself..looking forward to your future mods...

Welcome! Best colour and they look even better with the black wheels. But I'm slightly biased [emoji6]

Looking nice , what exhaust have you got on it ? Sounds like a right bodge on the centre section too ! High temp sealant is better than exhaust paste if you still have the blowing issues.

Similar Thread Suggestions