Running in a New Car?

So I pick up my new 200 on Saturday and its the first brand new car I have had. Just wanted to know if I'll have to have a 'running in' period or anything. Not that I'll be ragging it around from the dealers!

Thanks guys

i dunno what the general consensus is but i have royally abused every new car i have bought, straight from the forecourt!

Nah not what fuel, I mean what revs to stick to etc. I know it will say in the handbook but I'm impatient lol.

Think it says something about not thrashing it within the first couple of thousand of miles iirc, also don't hammer it from cold start but that should be standard whatever the mileage

once warm and up to temp just nail it, it will love you for it!

my R27 was an ex press and very very likely to have been canned from 0 miles, it made great power on the rollers

To be honest I don't really thrash my cars anyway. Got to have a bit of fun in the first few days lol.

Always warm my cars up first before going over about 2500rpm anyway.

Thanks for the help guys.

I wouldnt be afraid to give it some, but dont take the piss, if you what i mean

I bought my old Clio 138 from new with 40 miles on the clock and I didn't really take it easy. Didn't have a single problem in 40000 miles

Picked mine up on the 1st September this year with 7 miles on the clock, kept it below 5k for the first 500 miles after that, well you can guess.

Manual says avoid aggressive acceleration and keep revs below 4000rpm and speed below 70mph for the first 800 miles. After that progressively increase performance over the next 400 miles. At 1200 miles the engines fully bedded in.

Procedure for a 58 197 anyways. I followed it to the letter.