RST supercharger

because emission class is same and it is from factory (emissions will be same than 197 standard, it will pass mot check.)

ah. emissions it is. :smile:

at least a valid excuse, i think. here it's more like : 'is that standard on your car, sir? erm ... it's not from what we see in our papers, sir. red card!' end of discussion.

Does anyone know if any more information about the conversion has been released? From what i've seen the rev limit is about 7000 rpm for supercharged cars and was wondering if that's the case here too. Would be great to see a shorter than usual pulley used in conjunction with a wastegate and boost controller to give better low and mid-range gains, and keep the original 7500 rpm rev limit.

Does anyone know if any more information about the conversion has been released? From what i've seen the rev limit is about 7000 rpm for supercharged cars and was wondering if that's the case here too. Would be great to see a shorter than usual pulley used in conjunction with a wastegate and boost controller to give better low and mid-range gains, and keep the original 7500 rpm rev limit.
Mines still ran the original rev limit....

Reactions: DS197
I
That's good to know as I was hoping that was the case, but have seen conflicting info online :thumb:
believe that RST are setting them back a bit though, but they will map to your requirement / spec Best requirement of the car. Peak power on some graphs I have seen comes in as low as 6300, mine was 7300.... but that will all depend on the specific mods

Anyone knows what happened with this one? Cant't see it being offered on the RST website. Did they scrap it?

It was built and driven for 6 months or so, the lad then sold the car and i bought the supercharger kit off him. So im now running it. RST do not offer the supercharger kit as they are unable to buy the brackets for the supercharger, the bracket which they used was a ktec bracket but ktec will not sell the brackets to anyone. You can only go to Ktec to have the kit supplied and installed by them.

@R27WTF is putting a kit together so may be worth messeging him.

If they built it why would they not have access to the design of the brackets?

Universal Rotrex supercharger brackets are readily available so it shouldn't be a big issue.

It was built and driven for 6 months or so, the lad then sold the car and i bought the supercharger kit off him. So im now running it. RST do not offer the supercharger kit as they are unable to buy the brackets for the supercharger, the bracket which they used was a ktec bracket but ktec will not sell the brackets to anyone. You can only go to Ktec to have the kit supplied and installed by them.
Did you get that information from RST themselves? Like @DS197 and @Sean197 wrote, it shouldn't be a big problem sourcing a bracket elsewhere so I don't buy that TBH. Must be something else.

Also, K-tec doesn't offer a SC-kit for the 197 either as far as I can tell.

Reactions: trackspec197
Did you get that information from RST themselves? Like @DS197 and @Sean197 wrote, it shouldn't be a big problem sourcing a bracket elsewhere so I don't buy that TBH. Must be something else.

They did one but again didn’t offer it. Charging temperatures were one of the biggest issues RST had and I’d question the longevity of the motor after the application change too.

Looks like these engines just aren't built for FI. Engine dynamics had a really good turbo kit but I think a lack of interest at £4k put that out of production too. If only there was a hatchback that had the looks of the 197 with the engine of an EP3.

Reactions: trackspec197
Looks like these engines just aren't built for FI. Engine dynamics had a really good turbo kit but I think a lack of interest at £4k put that out of production too. If only there was a hatchback that had the looks of the 197 with the engine of an EP3.

Easy enough conversion if you’ve got the skills and money to do it. I helped a friend fabricate all the mounts etc to fit a K20 to a 106 years ago it became a very successful rally car too.

Matt (who i tagged) will be able to give you all of the information. Hes been looking deeply into it all recently and like i said he has 3d printed a charger and is now mocking up and designing his own bracket as you cannot buy the brackets.

RST wont do the kit as they cannot buy the brackets from the supplier.

You're probably just looking on the ktec website which is useless anyway. Phone them and im sure they will tell you thencan do the supercharger conversion for you etc.

Alternativly jamsport can do it for you if you wish to give them your car to work on lol

They did one but again didn’t offer it. Charging temperatures were one of the biggest issues RST had and I’d question the longevity of the motor after the application change too.

What do you mean by charging temperatures? I didnt know they had issues with temps?

Cheers Callum

Iv wanted more power from my clio for some time but not a fan of the megged clio and I love the sound of na. Throttle bodies would have been nice but not enough gain per £ spend.

I’ve spoken to pretty much everyone I could with regards to supercharging the clio.

Jamsport sell a kit but only drive in and out service they offer and I personally wouldn’t have them work on a wheel barrow.

Rst made a kit (Steve’s kit now Callum has it) they got the bracket from ktec as a 1 off and won’t be doing anymore.

Ktec made a kit but won’t sell one to anyone.

The uk supplier of rotrex chargers make the bracket for ktec but won’t sell one to anyonne but them.

Abit of a catch 22. After months of bugging people and people letting me down I decided to crack on and make my own kit.

Iv had a charger 3D printed for mock up etc 4ab25eca8f9ba3ad605aa07937e216bb.jpg

Just at the point where I’m having my bracket 3D printed to make sure it all works then can get machined up properly.
Car will be going to pro alloy to make me a custom intercooler and oil cooler and some other bits.
Il be making 4 custom kits to sell (if the demand is there)

Iv got 2 people who are wanting a kit and soon as the brackets are ready il be taking deposits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Callum

Iv wanted more power from my clio for some time but not a fan of the megged clio and I love the sound of na. Throttle bodies would have been nice but not enough gain per £ spend.

I’ve spoken to pretty much everyone I could with regards to supercharging the clio.

Jamsport sell a kit but only drive in and out service they offer and I personally wouldn’t have them work on a wheel barrow.

Rst made a kit (Steve’s kit now Callum has it) they got the bracket from ktec as a 1 off and won’t be doing anymore.

Ktec made a kit but won’t sell one to anyone.

The uk supplier of rotrex chargers make the bracket for ktec but won’t sell one to anyonne but them.

Abit of a catch 22. After months of bugging people and people letting me down I decided to crack on and make my own kit.

Iv had a charger 3D printed for mock up etc 4ab25eca8f9ba3ad605aa07937e216bb.jpg

Just at the point where I’m having my bracket 3D printed to make sure it all works then can get machined up properly.
Car will be going to pro alloy to make me a custom intercooler and oil cooler and some other bits.
Il be making 4 custom kits to sell (if the demand is there)

Iv got 2 people who are wanting a kit and soon as the brackets are ready il be taking deposits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no brainer imo

Reactions: korky