RST supercharger

Dear me that's shocking! My mate's AMG on full chat is better than that lol. What do the Megane boys get out of curiosity?

Dear me that's shocking! My mate's AMG on full chat is better than that lol. What do the Megane boys get out of curiosity?

day-to-day 31-35, depending on how I drive. Around Spa at full pelt, averaged 15mpg over the whole day.

Reactions: ///M
Basic rules for power upgrades are:

If you want more power:

1. You have to have model series most powerful version brakes, suspension etc. Clio 197 is most powerful of clio 3 series so no problem with that. So if you have 1.6 clio, you have to first change 197 suspension and brakes etc...

2. You can put 20% more power. You have to have dynograph from goverment approved test center, usually they seal wastegate etc and mark boost pressure in car documents. If you put more boost, it is illegal car.

3. If you for example turbo/supercharge n/a engine, emissions are different and they want really expensive emission laboratory test, price something like 2000£ no matter pass or fail..

I am so sad because for example in USA if you have E46 330 , just bolt on supercharger and you have over 300horsepower and lot of torque. Here it is impossible. I would use 4000$ for supercharger kit no problem if it is legal..

Reactions: sevenfourate
Basic rules for power upgrades are:

If you want more power:

1. You have to have model series most powerful version brakes, suspension etc. Clio 197 is most powerful of clio 3 series so no problem with that. So if you have 1.6 clio, you have to first change 197 suspension and brakes etc...

2. You can put 20% more power. You have to have dynograph from goverment approved test center, usually they seal wastegate etc and mark boost pressure in car documents. If you put more boost, it is illegal car.

3. If you for example turbo/supercharge n/a engine, emissions are different and they want really expensive emission laboratory test, price something like 2000£ no matter pass or fail..

I am so sad because for example in USA if you have E46 330 , just bolt on supercharger and you have over 300horsepower and lot of torque. Here it is impossible. I would use 4000$ for supercharger kit no problem if it is legal..

Wow. That sounds like or worse than California - which i know is horrendous ref emissions etc

No way around most of that either - other than just chancing your luck !

Never have we had it so good in the UK :smile:

One option to tune clio197 here is change megane 225 turbo engine package.., because emission class is same and it is from factory (emissions will be same than 197 standard, it will pass mot check..) Here is at least one already in register.
Also 225bhp will be in 20% tolerance. 197+20% is approx 238bhp.
Maybe too much project for me, and here is not so many meganes from choose.

Some thinking reference emissions / pollution im guessing........

i'm thinking the same reason the belgian government is so paranoid about modding cars ... 'safety' . you wouldn't believe what rust buckets get passed the belgian mot, but putting a big brake kit or even fitting steel braided brake lines on your car is deemed unsafe and therefor illegal. CAE-shifter? you have to be very very lucky to get passed. adjustable top mounts? no go. coilovers? not if the manufacturer hasn't gone through the trouble of homologating it for the belgian market. and since the belgian market is a small market ... this means no öhlins set up, nor AST set up, nor intrax set up. same for exhausts. slip on akra is allowed, but not the evolution system. supersprint 'race' ? no go. meg engine swap? i think they'll put you in jail if you dare to show up with that.

that doesn't mean cars don't get passed with some of these mods, but i'm to old to bother arguing with mot 'scruteneers' or take a week off of work and put the clio back to stock before going to the mot.

One option to tune clio197 here is change megane 225 turbo engine package.., because emission class is same and it is from factory (emissions will be same than 197 standard, it will pass mot check..) Here is at least one already in register.
Also 225bhp will be in 20% tolerance. 197+20% is approx 238bhp.
Maybe too much project for me, and here is not so many meganes from choose.
You could always use an ECU which can store more than one map :wink: One which would have 225 BHP and the other 280/290 BHP.

i'm thinking the same reason the belgian government is so paranoid about modding cars ... 'safety' . you wouldn't believe what rust buckets get passed the belgian mot, but putting a big brake kit or even fitting steel braided brake lines on your car is deemed unsafe and therefor illegal. CAE-shifter? you have to be very very lucky to get passed. adjustable top mounts? no go. coilovers? not if the manufacturer hasn't gone through the trouble of homologating it for the belgian market. and since the belgian market is a small market ... this means no öhlins set up, nor AST set up, nor intrax set up. same for exhausts. slip on akra is allowed, but not the evolution system. supersprint 'race' ? no go. meg engine swap? i think they'll put you in jail if you dare to show up with that.

that doesn't mean cars don't get passed with some of these mods, but i'm to old to bother arguing with mot 'scruteneers' or take a week off of work and put the clio back to stock before going to the mot.

I guess its the same here in the UK to some degree. Anything goes: as long as you pass the yearly MOT road worthiness test.....along with the emissions check built into that. And of course have those changes included in your insurance policy.

But: there are of course 'more lenient' testers and again; people who swap bits over just for MOT time. And those that then don't declare their fairly extensive modifications.

Apart from actually being 'allowed" to change parts - perhaps things arent so different after all..... :smile: