RS Wheel Weights

Rogue

Platinum Member
Does anyone if there's a difference in weight between the standard clio wheels? Raiders, speedlines etc?

I read somewhere once the R27 came with "lightweight" wheels...

I know the 200 cup wheels are a lot lighter than my speedlines as I have both sets

The cup 200 wheels are about 9.4kg from memory, the 8J cup racer speedlines are 10.5+kg. Compared to the 7.5kg for my OZ wheels just to give you an idea of how overly heavy they all are.

Nice one grumpy.

It would seem the 200 Cup ones are the best to have...if you're bothered about 4kilo.

Nice one grumpy.

It would seem the 200 Cup ones are the best to have...if you're bothered about 4kilo.

Unsprung weight reduction makes more of a difference than you think, 8kg in rotational mass out of the drivetrain and steered wheels makes a difference you can really feel. Try holding a bag of sugar at arms length and wave.it side to side, then without, that's kind of what you feel in the steering as well as on/off the throttle.

Reason I asked is that I picked up a secondary set of raiders cheap. My standard F1 wheels need refurbing and I was going to use the other set as track wheels for next year.

I think if they're both the same then I don't need to go through the process of having to swap them over to get them refurbed them swapped them over again.

I will however, keep my eyes open for 200 wheels. They pop up every now and again.

Reason I asked is that I picked up a secondary set of raiders cheap. My standard F1 wheels need refurbing and I was going to use the other set as track wheels for next year.

I think if they're both the same then I don't need to go through the process of having to swap them over to get them refurbed them swapped them over again.

I will however, keep my eyes open for 200 wheels. They pop up every now and again.

Are the R27 wheels light then?

Felgen: 7,5x17
Renault Sport 10,1Kg
Renault Speedline 10,1Kg
Renault Cup 9,1Kg
Renault Silverstone 10,7Kg

Platin 8x17 8,9Kg
Sparco Assetto Gara 7,5x17 8,6Kg
ATS DTC 7,5x17 7,2Kg
ATS GTR 8x17 8,5Kg
Motec TA-082 8,0x17 8,3Kg
Team Dynamics Race 7,5x17 8,1Kg