Wheel weights..

I've only recently had to replace the nearside ball joint hub ( stupidly renault don't sell the joint separately so I had to buy the whole thing ).

Over the weekend the car's felt a little jerky again and I've checked for play in the wheels, and couldn't find any movement at all.

I also checked and re-adjusted all my tyre pressures and this didn't help either.

How easily are wheel weights knocked about? I think it may be these which are causing the front end jerkyness?

usually stick on weights on the clio due to the wheel shape - so should be easy to see if you have lost a weight...

is the tyre still "round"?

usually stick on weights on the clio due to the wheel shape - so should be easy to see if you have lost a weight...

is the tyre still "round"?

Tyre still appears round. I think they may have been knocked out of place to be honest, other than that.. I think the fronts may be towing. Where I work has incredibly bad road surface.

You need to take it to a garage to get the wheels balanced, they stick the weights on for you.

They only did the tracking and balancing 4 months ago when I had the hub replaced. Is it that likely that the tracking could have been knocked out in such a short space of time?

Only if you've hit something...but you still can't do weights yourself. You won't know where the balance is.

Only if you've hit something...but you still can't do weights yourself. You won't know where the balance is.

I wouldn't, I've got a guy I use for everything like that.

I must have hit something then... Can't be brakes as I've only just replaced these and I'd know about it if it was suspension.

Doesn't help that I hammer it over potholes probably as well. I'm also doubting it'd be the drivers side ball joint as these normally last forever. As above, the nearside went and was perished 3-4 months ago.

Similar Thread Suggestions