RS parts on a non sport?

Hi all

Haven't been making much progress on the car as its been giving me a bit of hassle recently.

BUT the fire has been lit again!

Question is: what bits and pieces will i need to put 197 bumpers/skirts on mine, and will they fit?

Am I right in thinking that with it being a Dynamique S, does it has the same width arches as a 197?

Cheers all!

Front wings and bumper would fit I imagine.

Not sure about rear as the 197/200 arches are a lot wider than non-Dieppe models.

I'd think the skirts would fit relatively easily though... Wheels won't fit, different hub and fitment altogether. Most interior parts would fit, can't see there being much difference there. Exhaust would fit if you fitted the corresponding rear bumper...

Front wings and bumper would fit I imagine.

Not sure about rear as the 197/200 arches are a lot wider than non-Dieppe models.

I'd think the skirts would fit relatively easily though... Wheels won't fit, different hub and fitment altogether. Most interior parts would fit, can't see there being much difference there. Exhaust would fit if you fitted the corresponding rear bumper...

Cheers mate. I was looking at front and rear bumpers & skirts, I know the front arches on my car are wider than normal clio's but are they the same width as a 197 arch? anyone know?

No they'll be a fair bit narrower still.

The 197 really is quite a fatty.

Cheers mate, I reckon it'll be skirts first then! and see how I go. Spacers before that though! A bit skint this month as the car has cost me a fortune this month so far!

No worries.

You'll have to double check that the skirts will fit without changing the wings though first, they join into the bottom of the wings so you might find you'll need to do them at the same time. It was never intended to be a bolt-on kit for normal models, it's completely unique to the 197/200 compared to the 1*2 where most parts are interchangeable with non-RS Mk.2s.

How old are you out of interest? It's not going to be cheap to make a non-RS look like an RS. You might be better off just changing your car or holding on for a year and putting the money towards saving up for one as the prices seem to have plateaued a bit now and you'll get an early 197 for less than £5,000...

19 mate. I just want to have a bit play around with the car, but then again it might be going within the next few months.

I'd love an RS, can get insured on them for 1100, but its the mpg that i wouldn't love, i've got a 22 mile each way journey to work and back which isn't the best to start with!

You can't have everything mate, the MPG isn't great but considering the performance of the car an the fact that it's an NA engine it really isn't that bad. It depends on how you drive and also on the type of roads you're commuting on. I do 12 Miles each way, all B Road and she averages 28MPG-ish. That's a steady 50-60MPH in 6th all the way, so not brilliant but by no means is it bad. Have a think, the money you're going to spend making your Clio look like a 197 would probably keep an actual 197 fuelled up for half a year...

It's a compromise. I never even look at the MPG screen anymore, I just leave it on the Fuel Used screen and top her back up once she's used whatever I put in at the last fill. You can't have a car like this and worry about running costs, it's the same thing I tell people with Impreza's; You either want miles per gallon or smiles per mile, you can't have both!!! :smiley:

If your current car isn't going to be with you long term, then my advice would be to limit what you spend on bits. Figure out what you're doing first in regards to keeping her, you never ever ever get your money back on mods. I've messed with every car I've owned, and I think I always will on future cars too, so I understand where you're coming from. Just think it all through first.

Last edited:
You can't have everything mate, the MPG isn't great but considering the performance of the car an the fact that it's an NA engine it really isn't that bad. It depends on how you drive and also on the type of roads you're commuting on. I do 12 Miles each way, all B Road and she averages 28MPG-ish. That's a steady 50-60MPH in 6th all the way, so not brilliant but by no means is it bad. Have a think, the money you're going to spend making your Clio look like a 197 would probably keep an actual 197 fuelled up for half a year...

It's a compromise. I never even look at the MPG screen anymore, I just leave it on the Fuel Used screen and top her back up once she's used whatever I put in at the last fill. You can't have a car like this and worry about running costs, it's the same thing I tell people with Impreza's; You either want miles per gallon or smiles per mile, you can't have both!!! :smiley:

If your current car isn't going to be with you long term, then my advice would be to limit what you spend on bits. Figure out what you're doing first in regards to keeping her, you never ever ever get your money back on mods. I've messed with every car I've owned, and I think I always will on future cars too, so I understand where you're coming from. Just think it all through first.

Absolute truth there.

bear in mind if you start putting 197 arches on, the standard wheels will look too small and will be a long way inside the arches. It isn't worth the hassle, I put quite a lot of VXR bodywork on my Corsa D and it was a waste of money as I bought my clio just a few months later