RS monitor accruacy? 0-60mph

Just wondered what everyones thought on the accuracy of the RS monitor is as I've been playing with it.

I've been managing 0-60mph times of 6.94 or 7.17 sec which is book time. Not 100% sure but it seems only these two times come up.

I know the clutch isn't liking it but it's going to need a new one within a couple of k so may aswell get all the use I can. lol

I've had a play and managed a 6.8 once. Everything else has been 7.xx.

Think I managed to get lucky with a particularly grippy patch of tarmac, but on the whole it hasn't really been the weather for good traction yet.

So you'd say it is pretty accurate?

It was around 10C when I tried mine so wasn't so bad. However it is a good way to kill the clutch.

TC was off. Back on for normal driving though. lol

I'll trust it I think. It still feels fast enough for me.:smile:

Testers here in Australia with the RS250 RS Monitor have found that it goes off of the speedo rather than the actual real wheel speed. Therefore it is actually not quite accurate (it makes it sound better than it actually is).
Cheers.

Ha ha, would love a 0-60 timer in the 197. Might just get a mate to hold a stop watch.

Testers here in Australia with the RS250 RS Monitor have found that it goes off of the speedo rather than the actual real wheel speed. Therefore it is actually not quite accurate (it makes it sound better than it actually is).
Cheers.

if that was the case just turn TC off and drop the clutch and wheel spin you'll see it shoot up if you're not moving :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions