RR results - thoughts?

it actually sounds like you've done it fine, as long as the pin was in the correct hole in the crank.

Don't start ripping it apart before you've had it plugged in and checked the ecu side of stuff is working properly

One quick thing, it's obvious when the pin slots in properly isn't it? I had a friend rotating the crank very slowly whilst I slotted the pin into place. It went in once in what must have been a balencing hole and then slotted in fully with a small amount more rotation.

thanks again for your help and advice Danny, I know you traders don't have to help out (and it makes business sense for you not too!) so it's very much appreciated!

Reading one of your other post, sounds like it could be the 182 thermostat your running, as ive read that the 197 ran the cooler stat for performance benifit

Reading one of your other post, sounds like it could be the 182 thermostat your running, as ive read that the 197 ran the cooler stat for performance benifit

I am running a 182 stat, but that shouldn't have any effect on the engines performance in normal running surely?

181bhp at fly on dyno dynamics rollers is quite reasonable... mine made 186 standard on dyno dynamics with fresh oil, new filter and plugs.

I think if you changed these items you'd be on the money..

As said before gear ratio of dyno run doesn't matter on DD rollers (or many others) as software compensates for ratio bias when setup properly.

Out of interest how many runs did you do? I found when mine was normally aspirated it took about 4 to get a peak figure and then would start to drop off (think due to heat soak)

Andy

181bhp at fly on dyno dynamics rollers is quite reasonable... mine made 186 standard on dyno dynamics with fresh oil, new filter and plugs.

I think if you changed these items you'd be on the money..

As said before gear ratio of dyno run doesn't matter on DD rollers (or many others) as software compensates for ratio bias when setup properly.

Out of interest how many runs did you do? I found when mine was normally aspirated it took about 4 to get a peak figure and then would start to drop off (think due to heat soak)

Andy

i think they did either 3 or 4 runs.

its now the fuelling I'm concerned about, it's apparent that it's seriously over fuelling!

Optimum performance would be based on it running colder then it is, as many are aware, the longer a engine runs on rollers the hotter it gets results in reduced performance. Just my two pence worth.

One quick thing, it's obvious when the pin slots in properly isn't it? I had a friend rotating the crank very slowly whilst I slotted the pin into place. It went in once in what must have been a balencing hole and then slotted in fully with a small amount more rotation.

thanks again for your help and advice Danny, I know you traders don't have to help out (and it makes business sense for you not too!) so it's very much appreciated!

Yeah u know when it gos all the way home and locks both ways nice mate

Optimum performance would be based on it running colder then it is, as many are aware, the longer a engine runs on rollers the hotter it gets results in reduced performance. Just my two pence worth.

Yea I know colder is better for performance, and if it was just the power that was down a little then maybe I could accept that as part of the problem. However, with the fueling being all to cock, it's clear that something more than that is going on in the case.

Chris

Chris if you are sure you did a spot on job with the timing I'd put my money on dodgy mapping mate. Is there a way to figure out if the car is running on stock or an aftermarket map? maybe the car has been mapped in the past...

I'm 99% sure the timing was right, and Danny seems to agree I at least followed the correct procedure. however as checking it is only a couple of hours work I'm going to check it anyway then take it from there. I don't want to lay out cash for something I might be able to resolve myself.

after that I'll re-run it (if I have to correct the timing) or get it looked at by Mick at diamond motors or somewhere