RR results - thoughts?

Chrisgti6

East Midlands Rep.
So, went along to the cliosport rr day today, mine made 181bhp, Lewis made 193bhp.

my car has done a fair few miles 71k, plugs haven't been changed for about 3 years and I'm using a second hand air filter that I've never cleaned. Could any of these be the cause of mine being slightly down on power? Graph below (made more than all the 1*2's apart from a charged one!)

null_zpsbe562410.jpg

I did change the belts myself, but I'm pretty sure I timed it up correctly.

New plugs, clean filter and try again?

That's from dyno tech in Ripley, Kev who owns it is spot on and his rollers pretty accurate tbf. Get the car fully serviced though, it'll make a difference.

What did the charged Clio make?

Last edited:
It's semi serviced, oil and filter have been done. Just plugs and filter needed.

the charged 182 made 310!

Tbh I'm not going chasing after numbers. If no other 197's had run I'd have been happy just to have beat the 1*2's but after Lewis made good results I hoped to be similar.

It drives perfectly well, so I'm happy enough!

181 aint bad mate. mine made 173 on the rr at fcs this year :thumbdown: don't think the set up was very accurate there tho

Such a man thing to say 'not chasing figures'....when secretly we are devastated if it doesn't make what we expect or overjoyed if it does!!!! lol

Figures are a good baseline, and it will be interesting to see after a service any gains however, the clio is all about how its run in. If the cars thrashed from new, expect to see some healthy bhp figures....

Why did he do the run in 3rd gear?

Usually you do a run in one gear lower than the max (in our case it's the 5th gear).

No idea on the gearing to be honest. Not sure what gear it was actually run in (I know the graph says 3rd)

Yep - not chasing figures...........

but have been looking at second hand engines and superchargers lol. I knew it was a bad idea to go to this!

No idea on the gearing to be honest. Not sure what gear it was actually run in (I know the graph says 3rd)

Yep - not chasing figures...........

but have been looking at second hand engines and superchargers lol. I knew it was a bad idea to go to this!
After seeing the Ktec video on Facebook the other week I'm hooked on the idea of Supercharging.. Should really get mine RR'd at some point.

I think 4th is the correct gear for the Clios.

Mine made 197bhp at 75k miles. That's with decat exhaust, panel filter and fastchip RSTuner.

Before I had those mods done my car wouldn't go over 134mph. After I did them I could do 140mph each way on the same stretch (of private test track). I'd guess the 197bph is an accurate figure as the official figure of 139mph is with a supposed standard 194bhp.