Ring YouTube Video - DV57 JKF

i don't understand why most of them stab the brake as soon as the back end starts to come round

i don't understand why most of them stab the brake as soon as the back end starts to come round

Because people associate braking with safety and therefore in a "oh crap somethings going wrong" situation they fall back on what they feel is safe i.e. the brake.
It takes a bit of experience and confidence to either control/mash the throttle instead, depending on driven wheels.

It's the kind of basic car control that should be part of any drivers training, but the the 'system' is too hung up on the idea that speed is the be all and end all of road safety.

Oh but that Mitsi Colt in the second video :smiley: brilliant 360!

Because people associate braking with safety and therefore in a "oh crap somethings going wrong" situation they fall back on what they feel is safe i.e. the brake.
It takes a bit of experience and confidence to either control/mash the throttle instead, depending on driven wheels.

It's the kind of basic car control that should be part of any drivers training, but the the 'system' is too hung up on the idea that speed is the be all and end all of road safety.

Oh but that Mitsi Colt in the second video :smiley: brilliant 360!

It irritates me somewhat, as these are "driving enthusiasts" so to speak in the videos and they are having difficulty, where as these situations could occur on a greasy roundabout, I've seen it a couple of times on the daily commute,

as you say they should be taught this during training as a precautionary measure, in a controlled environment, non of this reverse round a corner ********

no brakes being stabbed on DV57 JKF buddy :wink:

that was me on almost full slicks, just doing a moderate sighting lap with a mate as he had never been round before, so I offered to take him round on a 'sighting lap' as I like to call it.
other than that, I wasn't keen on taking the car out in the wet anyhow.

mild slide as we clipped the apex, little bit of steering correction and applied a little throttle... away we went again :smile:

no brakes being stabbed on DV57 JKF buddy :wink:

that was me on almost full slicks, just doing a moderate sighting lap with a mate as he had never been round before, so I offered to take him round on a 'sighting lap' as I like to call it.
other than that, I wasn't keen on taking the car out in the wet anyhow.

mild slide as we clipped the apex, little bit of steering correction and applied a little throttle... away we went again :smile:

That's why I included the "most" fella :wink: