Right tyres?

Yeah all good, looking at contis though? Much better options.. Goodyear Eagle F1s for like 90 quid a corner on many sites for example.

The XL stands for extra load and has a stiffer side wall. I can do the Continental Sport Contact 5 as in the picture for £91 each delivered or the Goodyear Eagle F1's for £82 each delivered

Last edited:
Cheers Fernandez but need need them fitted asap as its in the garage atm, and Deaks the cars got contis all round and it only needs the fronts done, don't have the budget to swap all four haha

If its only the front two then still change to a better tyre, as long as you dont run different tyres side to side then your ok.

Then you will have a full set when your rears go.

By your logic you will be stuck with contis forever :lol:

haha, i realised i sounded stupid as i said that. Just feel like contis are a safe bet, always run them and only thing i can fault is their longevity but then that could also be my fault...

haha, i realised i sounded stupid as i said that. Just feel like contis are a safe bet, always run them and only thing i can fault is their longevity but then that could also be my fault...

The Continentals are not a great tyre esp at the price they charge for them there are many better tyres for similar money, I know there are many others on here that feel the same way. Take this opportunity get away from them, you'll be happy you did. As long as the tyres are the same across an axle you will be fine.

Cheers for the replies - I'm down to Eagle f1s or pilot sports, any suggestions? I like the fact the michelins say 20% more longevity but the goodyears seem to have the best reviews?

Winters atm.. Pilot sport 3s on my new wheels which im looking forward to trying!

When i change summers next putting Nankang ns2rs on!

ah now black circles only stock these -
Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 15.32.57.jpg
XL version, surely this would change handling characteristics?

Btw sorry, making a massive deal out of getting two tyres...

I will be choosing the continental sport contact 5 tyres next, they came the highest rated in the evo magazine tyre test!

I will be choosing the continental sport contact 5 tyres next, they came the highest rated in the evo magazine tyre test!

Do yourself a favour and don't. Why people rate these tyres truly baffles me. At best they are average. Yes they may well have won't that test but it's a very narrow selection of tyres they tested most likely on a diesel Focus/Astra/Golf etc.

Something like a Bridgestone Potenza RE050a will be a much better all round tyre for a 197 or 200. I run different tyres summer and winter so can recommend Potenza RE070 for summer and Verdestein Ultrac Sessanta for the winter (the vredestein are actually a great tyre and I'd be happy enough to run them in the summer too). I know the likes of [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] agrees.

My car came with the CSC3, I thought they where grand until I needed new tyres and replaced them with the Goodyear Eagle F1. The Goodyears are a far superior tyre to the CSC.

Personally I'd go with Goodyear, Nankangs or Bridgestone Potenza.