REQ for a photo/sticky on installing aftermarket audio kit

I think it would be really useful to have a nice photo HOW TO on:
- Installing a third party head units (+ links to required items such as ISO adapters, Stalk adapters, Fascia plates etc..)
- Speaker replacement (+ links to compatible speakers)
- Sub installation

For my sins, here is some information i have gather already in prep for replacing my headunit in my 200.

Stalk adapter:
Connects 2 CTSRN007
(Should work for 200 and 197, but dont hold me to that)

The above stalk adapter will also require your replacement head-unit to have an ISO adapter which you can usually pick up for about £5 to £8 online

Speakers:
PIONEER TS-Q131C

Hailed as direct drop in replacements for the original factory fitted speakers in Renaults. and a bargain at only £65 from pioneer themselves.
Pioneer shop online

Thats all i've got so far.
Along with the informative sticky here; which is apparently required in order to fit the rats-nest of cabling if you decide to fit a third party head unit.

Please contribute to this thread if you have anything else useful
-Eight :wiz:

Are the speakers any good? Are they worth the money? Is it a massive improvement over standard? Sorry to hijack the thread!

Stalk adapter:
Connects 2 CTSRN007
(Should work for 200 and 197, but dont hold me to that)

Its the CTSRN005 that is required for the 197 as it is not canbus like the 200.

The above stalk adapter will also require your replacement head-unit to have an ISO adapter which you can usually pick up for about £5 to £8 online

The 197 has an iso lead and the CTSRN005 just patches between headunit and vehicle loom. The only thing required is the right patch lead for your headunit (eg. pioneer, kenwood etc)

Think im gonna need a glovebox out to get this little lot in!

a10d14c6.gif

That is the standard loom + alpine stalk & display adaptor + blutooth module

You should have seen the loom on my kenwood double din unit I had in my mx5! Now that was a loom!

Im only predicting 5-6 swears to get this in....the kenwood was about 10-15

My kits already sat in my lounge, waiting for me to shoehorn it all in tomorrow! (weather dependent! Don't work in the cold!)

no it wont. The 200 is a canbus system and requires a different steering control adaptor. Not sure if Alpine do one?

no it wont. The 200 is a canbus system and requires a different steering control adaptor. Not sure if Alpine do one?

Connects2 do one ( didn't realise the above was using the Alpine adapter), though how perfectly it works is debatable though doesn't work to adapt the display at all from what I can tell.

Similar Thread Suggestions