Replacing Radiator - Please Help!

Hi,
My radiator has developed a leak. 2011 Clio 200. Has anyone replaced the radiator themselves? Is it a particularly difficult job? Any advice you’d give?
I can’t really find any threads or videos at all.

KAM Racing have a Motrio radiator for £100 and apparently it is made by Renault. I’m not particularly keen on paying 2-300 quid for someone else to do it if there’s any chance I can do it myself. Poor student and all!
Many thanks in advance

Pretty easy to do really.
You have to remove the cradle from underneath, undo all the hose connections and the electrical connection for the fans, and it’ll drop down.

The only issue you may have, is you need to get the car up high enough to pull the rad out. Might be a little easier for you with the bumper removed

Reactions: Ross Mackinlay
Pretty easy to do really.
You have to remove the cradle from underneath, undo all the hose connections and the electrical connection for the fans, and it’ll drop down.

The only issue you may have, is you need to get the car up high enough to pull the rad out. Might be a little easier for you with the bumper removed
Would it be doable on axle stands? I think I read somewhere that it sits right on top of the subframe - is there any way of getting it out the top? Or would that be harder?
Thanks for the quick reply

You should get it high enough on axle stand to remove from below with the bumper off.

To come out the top you would need the bumper off also and some of the pipe work for the air ox maybe.

Either way you will be working on it from the top and bottom.

I imagine you’d be able to do it. It’s not something I’ve ever had to do as I have a ramp.
There is a ‘subframe’ which supports the radiator. It does nothing but support that, so once that’s removed it’s pretty simple.

I’m not too sure on the quantity of coolant. But you need to make sure you have the right ratio of anti freeze in there too. And also the correct type of anti freeze, as the two different types are not suitable for mixing.

I imagine you’d be able to do it. It’s not something I’ve ever had to do as I have a ramp.
There is a ‘subframe’ which supports the radiator. It does nothing but support that, so once that’s removed it’s pretty simple.

I’m not too sure on the quantity of coolant. But you need to make sure you have the right ratio of anti freeze in there too. And also the correct type of anti freeze, as the two different types are not suitable for mixing.
Won’t replacing the radiator drain the whole system? If so, does it matter which antifreeze goes in?

The wee bleeding valve had what looked like green fluid coming out, but the stuff in the overflow tank is orangey in colour. I was just going to use the standard Renault stuff.

Yea it will, but obviously you need a specific ratio of water and antifreeze. I just don’t know what that is.
If there’s there’s orange in the tank, then the stuff you linked will be fine to mix.

The renault stuff is normal green but that's hard to get if you need a top up in an emergency.

You will get most but not all out unless you flush water through once the rad is off.

I always just do a 5050 of water and coolant.