Replacement recaro seat.. different colour

After finally getting it done the replacement base cover is a slightly different colour (darker) and the stitch/feel of the fabric isn't the same. anyone else had this?

i've made a complaint but not sure what to do now as i doubt they'll match the rest to it lol..

also had the seals done on the rear quarters.. guess what they've both fallen off and i've lost the pass side. wtf..

The seals are a nightmare. My dealer used an outside glass company to come and bond them on. Been spot on since :smile:

Could the seat be because its new?? Or is it really different??

yeah i need something better than they put on the seals now.

the seat is different the weave is diagonal on the new where as on the original it's cross weave and rougher to touch.

Yeh I posted about this the other day.. Mine is going in on Sat morning but the dealer has warned me that they may be a 'different texture'.

If they're not right - take it back again until they are. I certainly will be asking for the whole car to be done if they are different.

On a possible plus side tho -do they feel any better quality wise?? have they finally fixed the problem? ?

Yeah they feel better as the cloth is a bit smoother so you glide over it better.

I still think it will happen again as the base foam is the same.

You reckon they'll change the rest to suit?

I think they'll have to tbh, its ridiculous if they expect you to cruise around with seats that look gash when its their fault!

I'll let you know how I get on Sat..

dont sound to good tbh mate,

if they are so different then i would deffo take it back, and push for the other one to be sorted to match as well. ( and possible the rear ).

It makes me laugh you'd think I was he one who decided to change the material.

Tbh you'd struggle to notice the front to back, but if I Can notice the bases are diff then so will a buyer if I sold it.

They are getting a windscreen company to fit the seal with a proper adhesive.

Okay so i've just got back from the dealers - mine was booked in to have both seat bases replaced. The dealer had warned me before hand that the seat bases may be slightly different.

They are darker and a different texture, and it's really noticable when you put them alongside the orignal seats.

I refused to have them fitted at this time.

The dealer has said they are in contact with Renault UK about how to procede but said things are moving slowly.. I will be giving them a call again on Monday to see what they've got to say.

It looks as if the whole car may need to be done. I'll keep you updated on the progress.

Mitch, which dealer are you using? Mines goin In tues for them to check the seats.

I'd be happy with the fronts changed.

in Renault today, they have ordered a new seat base to see if by chance it will match.. Seems a waste of time. Anyway I suggested they replace the whole front seats lol she didn't know what to say. Basically if this doesn't match exact it going up one level. I'm no letting this one go..

Can't see it being resolved soon...