RenaultSport Clio 220 Trophy: Better than before?

Sounds about right.
Even stock cars can take 3/4 months, especially if you straddle the 2 week factory shut-down in August (as your order does).

Originally I was told last week in October, another customer at the dealer had ordered one in July and he has been told the same date as me. The wait sounds crazy to me given the car is so new but then I know nothing about how car production really works.

When I enquires a few weeks ago I was told I'd have one by the end of September! If it's going to be December-January time, we'll have the 275bhp 308 gti here, could be tempted by that.

I wonder if they are doing cars in batches ie right hand drive in one hit

That's what my dealer seemed to think. He said they are probably waiting for so many orders and then build them in a batch, that's why the fella who ordered one in July has a delivery date the same as myself

Don't forget guys...
The Australian market (also right hand drive) is by FAR a bigger market for RS cars than the UK. Even the stock 200t has been quite well received there ... my mate in Sydney says that he sees loads round the town / suburbs. The Aussies certainly do love their autos.

So who gets priority here? Bet it's not the Brits.

PS. Don't want to disappoint anyone. But the identical delivery date can sometimes just be a "place holder" (IE. they don't actually yet have a genuine firm date ... what ever they say to you). This is what they did to me not once, but twice, when I originally ordered a new 200t. Suppose Renault could have pulled their socks up by now I suppose. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :smile:

Last edited: