RenaultSport Clio 220 Trophy: Better than before?

Basically like every single video on these 200T's they need a manual version then they'll be great. I would & will always stick with the 200 i have over one of those.

The poor clio 200 and 200 t has a hard time compared to it's predecessor's. Drive a 200 t now and used to drive a 197. As said the clio T is fast, has good grip, is fun to drive and is more usable as a daily commuter, but is misses the passion from the previous model. The high revving engine paired with short manual gearbox give's more thrill's. And don't know with the 220 t but in the 200 t the 4th, 5th and 6st gear are too long.

Personally not keen on the look of them, don't look like a sport should for me. Not into the paddles at all. It's a manual gearbox for me, totally driving the car, it's what separates the bad from the good drivers for me. I prefer it's predecessors. Not wanting to offend anyone saying all that. Each to their own.

Personally not keen on the look of them, don't look like a sport should for me. Not into the paddles at all. It's a manual gearbox for me, totally driving the car, it's what separates the bad from the good drivers for me. I prefer it's predecessors. Not wanting to offend anyone saying all that. Each to their own.

If only it was that easy to separate the bad drivers, but sadly that is clearly not true for all. I really need to drive one, as everyone needs to before concluding anything for themselves.

Just my opinion, I don't like the shape or the big hulking bonnet. If I had that amount of money I wouldn't be test driving one.

Nope I meant having a manual gearbox is driving the car more for me. It's kind of cheating in auto[emoji12]

Thats not what you said, you said it separates bad and good drivers. Is having a manual is more for you, then thats fine, but dont say its a separation of driving skill. Using the paddles is not as 'involved' admittedly, but you still have to anticipate how and where to change up/down before you enter or exit a corner, or on an overtake. The only difference is theres not a clutch pedal.

Yes I've said it a couple of different ways resulting in me basically saying you have to 'drive' a car for me. Like I've also said it's my opinion. I wouldn't want that kind of drive for myself. I love the clutch and throttle. I'm old skool.
And yes for me there's more involvement between self and car. Chris I know what I said and im also standing by it.
My opinion yes.

What you said was two different things lol.

Its not a problem with me that the car gets bad press, I love mine, and everyone is entitled to opinions about it, however; to say that to say you're a bad driver because you have an auto box is ludicrous, and thats what you put in an earlier post. If you read what I put I agreed with the fact its less involved, no problem with that statement, if you had just put that I wouldn't have even replied...

Im not trying to stir an argument here by any means, it just wasn't a clever statement....

Last edited:
Wtf I didn't say you're a bad driver if have auto. I said having a manual separates the good from the bad meaning you drive the car more in manual. I've sat in with several awful drivers of manual box. You've quite simply taken something I've said and twisted it. Frankly im getting a tad peeved with a few on here. I haven't slated drivers if auto. I've said manual is for driving. I prefer it.
To be honest this is getting tedious. Could you delete my profile if poss. I've noticed a few times that a few guys don't treat me the same, maybe cos I'm a woman in a male dominated forum.

driven a couple of 200t and gearbox was fine!

the 220 looks better and is more focused than perhaps the earlier version but I think Renault wanted it to be (200t) for a wider audience which at the time seemed right
except ford seemed to fil the void with the fez st and its very keen pricing...

having said that the 197/200 were as some know top of the class for hot hatches but they still didn't sell in the numbers the st does/did and to be honest the st
is good but I think sometimes the press over hype the car

I would consider a 220t as my drive to work is bit of an urban crawl and sometimes would be better in a dct equipped car its just that I don't need or want
a 5dr car...

Yes I've said it a couple of different ways resulting in me basically saying you have to 'drive' a car for me. Like I've also said it's my opinion. I wouldn't want that kind of drive for myself. I love the clutch and throttle. I'm old skool.
And yes for me there's more involvement between self and car. Chris I know what I said and im also standing by it.
My opinion yes.

don't throw in the towel - we need the female touch on the forum it adds to the place :thumbsup:

Just done my second track day and let's say
the 200 t gearbox did not play ball
when in sport mode and your coming into a corner you flick down to say second you go round the corner and if you lift of slightly the box changes up to third instead of staying in second it like its trying to save fuel and change up to early
its very annoying and if you forget to flick it down again the car bogs down in third and the person behind you runs up your arse
It's very annoying
All can be sorted by going into race mode but then you loose all the electronic gizmos
dunlop tyres go gooy after five laps so really need track tyres
and engine management light comes on every ten minutes
been doing this since I got the car from new only does it when driving really hard but the garage can't find out what's wrong with it
any way back to the gearbox
the 200t really needs a manual box , brembos and a set of recaros.