Renault Warranty

930Tech

CLIO CUP groupee.
Platinum Member
I'm looking at an 09 197 and it still has three months or more warranty left to run, i'd be the second owner and it's service history is up to date, two renault stamps and a third from a big dealer network.

Do you get the chance to extend these warranties or is it something you can only do as the original owner?

I paid for mine £420 to extend it for a year ('07 plate R27, when I bought it 1 year ago it was on extended warranty). Bear in mind that extended waranty is NOT the same as the normal warranty that comes with a new car. Basically they cover all the electrical/mechanical damage and labour but not wear and tear (for exampe recaros wear ot melting steering wheel etc). Hope that helps.

you can chose between 3 different warranty types when doing this and also an MOTwarranty aswell unless you choose the premier plus warranty then it comes with the MOT test warrabty

Like they've said, remember that an extended waranty is NOT the same as the normal new car warranty. Personally, I wouldn't bother with an extended warranty from the dealer, their underwriters tend to have clauses to get out of almost every claim. The only one I can find that seems to actually be worth more than the paper it's written on, is from Warranty Wise.

Have a look through before you go diving into one a dealer is offering, and compare the cover.

I'm kind of in the same position as 930tech.

I have 3 months left of the 197 extended warranty. And I'm looking into purchasing extended warranty. However, hearing bad things about extended warrentys and as Mitch said "most of them are not worth the paper they are written on"

Almost makes me want to get the car checked by 519 / ketc / btm etc before the Renault warranty expires. Just so if there is any problems I can get them fixed still under warranty lol

I'm kind of in the same position as 930tech.

I have 3 months left of the 197 extended warranty. And I'm looking into purchasing extended warranty. However, hearing bad things about extended warrentys and as Mitch said "most of them are not worth the paper they are written on"

Almost makes me want to get the car checked by 519 / ketc / btm etc before the Renault warranty expires. Just so if there is any problems I can get them fixed still under warranty lol

actually not a bad idea to get it checked before the warranty runs out atleast then you can get it in a done free without too much hassle