Renault v Ford

Look what I just happened to find parked next to me when I returned from the coop earlier (other supermarkets are available)

they do look nice in that blue and I don't like blue!

68e0614c25e9a1bfdc38be5b6b019296_zps3e32d621.jpg
9ed65227aa12ac94427d4fef9507135e_zps828f104a.jpg

The fiesta should have been an RS, they made a mistake in many peoples eyes including mine, just another watered down ford unfortunately. Dont get me wrong I think its nice, but it should have been really nice, not entirely keen on the design though looks a little tall and squashed.

The ST is getting rave reviews but I saw one on the road a few days ago & it looks too tall, too narrow & too much like a Zetec S... I agree that a truly special RS would have been worth waiting for...

I see one today in this colour! I think there quite an eye catching motor! Some clio owners feel threaten by the release of this car, but afteral, they are a rival to the clio when comparing stats! They look nice too! And these will be easily tunable. There will be some fast ones about shortly! I know a few guys on here secretly respect these as there wouldnt be posts like this popping up now and then! I like fords, i think they make good cars, regardless if it should of been an rs or not, this is still a fast car with alot of potential! But id still rather renaultsport over st. Hence why i drive a clio instead! The clio is overal a better package! Brakes, engine, handling, not all st owners will be spending money on their new chav wagon!

I see one today in this colour! I think there quite an eye catching motor! Some clio owners feel threaten by the release of this car, but afteral, they are a rival to the clio when comparing stats! They look nice too! And these will be easily tunable. There will be some fast ones about shortly! I know a few guys on here secretly respect these as there wouldnt be posts like this popping up now and then! I like fords, i think they make good cars, regardless if it should of been an rs or not, this is still a fast car with alot of potential! But id still rather renaultsport over st. Hence why i drive a clio instead! The clio is overal a better package! Brakes, engine, handling, not all st owners will be spending money on their new chav wagon!

I agree with the above, the cars are awesome, my friend has one and it is very nice, however they are a bit to "mass market" for me, soon to be the car every guy with a focus ST gets for his mrs.

My friends is mapped with an exhaust to 220bhp and it goes well, but rumours are saying any more and they go pop...

My 197 will still pull from him in 4th, the ST is fast through the bottom end but loses its power at pace.

Stats and numbers on papers are fine for pub bragging, I would like to think alot of Renaultsport owners buy them for the driving experience rather than a few gadgets, refined interiors or 0-60 times.

Not as quick as the 200 though :wink: that all black look is amazing

Not faster no. But "Just as quick" is probably more accurate.

I agree with the above, the cars are awesome, my friend has one and it is very nice, however they are a bit to "mass market" for me, soon to be the car every guy with a focus ST gets for his mrs.

My friends is mapped with an exhaust to 220bhp and it goes well, but rumours are saying any more and they go pop...

My 197 will still pull from him in 4th, the ST is fast through the bottom end but loses its power at pace.

Rumours? How can there be rumours "Of them going pop" when the fact is nobody has had one go pop. Neither tuner or owner. Strange claim tbh.

As for the "still pull in 4th". You must be joking surely? Have you driven one? Standard the ST will pull a number of car lengths on the Clio.

The new ST drives very like the old 200 does. However it has one main advantage. Its engine. Drives like the Clio 200 of old (Which is awesome) but with the economy of a normal car.

Not faster no. But "Just as quick" is probably more accurate.

Rumours? How can there be rumours "Of them going pop" when the fact is nobody has had one go pop. Neither tuner or owner. Strange claim tbh.

As for the "still pull in 4th". You must be joking surely? Have you driven one? Standard the ST will pull a number of car lengths on the Clio.

Can only comment from experience, as mentioned my friend has one, and on a short road he leaves me, but on a longer road I can pull in 4th, maybe its just the way his map his sat, as said its only from the one car i've seen.

The rumour around poping came from his tuner, he said once you go over 230hp the head gaskets go and the engine is at risk, as said rumour...