Renault Sport Clio 197 Racing Red

Also, finally got the uprated dog bone that I was thinking of making with my friend:

20140906_090121.jpg

2014-09-05104555.jpg

20140906_091326.jpg

2014-09-06094955.jpg

You can feel the difference in the engine movement - much less than before - especially when you suddenly give 100% throttle in 2nd gear @ >4krpm and than you let go off throttle and repeat that a couple of times in a row.

DESPITE THAT - there's no additional vibrations because we used a stock value of the rubber compound but filled the dog bone full of it. At least I can't feel any, and I felt the upper Powerflex mount badly so I had it removed and left only the upper torque mount insert (which is great)!

I'm VERY happy with the result and the price was nothing (£80) compared to the Vibra-technics that looks more fragile than this one.

Last edited:
Finally, had the bih service and some mods done to the car. Now, just a remap to finish it all off.

2014-10-28185306.jpg

2014-11-10112458.jpg

2014-11-10112512.jpg

HDPE inlet gasket

OEMiHDPEbrtvausisnegraneClio19710.jpg

DEI heat wrap tape

Omatanjeispuscaronnegrane10.jpg

Light weight crank pulley (full retard style :d)

2014-11-11192157.jpg

20141205_100707.jpg

Dyno after the cams and the mods:

Kiki-prije-i-poslije-bregastih-BEZ-REMAPA.jpg

Need to remap the car in the next 10-15 days and try it out on the road against a couple of friends.

Last edited:
Tried out last night with my friend with the Corsa 2.0 (189bhp/1100kg) and before the cams I was ~2 lengths of a car faster, now I'm 4-5. Don't know for sure because he missed 4th gear, the difference was at least 6-7 lengths of a car (I believe that missing 4th didn't slow him down more than 1 length).

We couldn't try again...but will try it out soon enough.

So the gains without the remap are 3-4 lengths of a car on an already fast car.

I'm pleased with the results.

Waiting to remap the car and to fine tune the torque and for some more power (5-7bhp would be nice too :smiley: ).

A friend remapped the Corsa again (he has VEMS SA ECU) and even had to use nitrous this time. :smiley:

[video=youtube_share;63hnjQToISg]http://youtu.be/63hnjQToISg[/video]

Pleased that I can keep up with A5 3.0TDI Quattro Stage 1 (removed DPF too) @ ~300bhp/600Nm.

Temperature was 4°C and I'm still on the summer tires (didn't want to switch to the winter UG8 tires untill I remap the car so they wouldn't influence the results).

Remap due next week. :bounce:

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;Vpxv1fz3Iac]http://youtu.be/Vpxv1fz3Iac[/video]

Had the car remapped.

And yes, the other Clio hit the limiter in 3rd gear and mishifted into 4th. :smiley:

very nice results...how much did u get them cams for??just one more question..does the engine have to come out in order to fit the crank pulley??
car looks sweet mate...

I bought them years ago but didn't find anyone that can fit them properly. They were 800€ if I remeber correctly.

No, the engine doesn't need to go out. It's a 30min job (take off the right wheel, wheel arch and that's it). [emoji41]

thanks a lot....thought that the box looked a bit old :d
will have my ball joints replaced soon so will ask my mechanic how much would he charge me to do the crank pulley too..thanks

just one more..how muh did u say it would be to post the crank pulley to the UK?how long does it take u to manufacture one??

just one more..how muh did u say it would be to post the crank pulley to the UK?how long does it take u to manufacture one??

£130 posted to the UK.

Among others there are 2 currently under construction and to be shipped to the UK. :thumbup1:

It usually takes 5-7 work days to make one, and another <10 work days for it to arrive to the UK address. It's holiday season at the moment so it might take a bit longer.

thanks..i wont be ordering one any time soon yet..gotta get other things sorted first but will pm u as soon as my funds allow me to do so :smile:
thanks again

What's your thread doing in the gallery and not in the progress thread? Lovely build Raptor, pity your early pics got deleted.