Renault extended warranty??

Has anyone taken this out? Is it worth getting, or is it not worth the paper it's written on?

I'm considering an extra year for £375.

Hmmmmmm if u intend to keep it id go for a third party warranty. Ive heard good things about warranty direct

Every warranty issue I had with my 197 turned into a battle so personally I would not want to pay for an extension of what is already ****.

I very much doubt I'd have it too much longer than a year to be totally honest. How do the external warranties work, would I have to pay the bill then claim it back? I'm assuming the Renault one they do the claiming for me?

I got extended years warranty when I bought a 2007 R27 kinda glad I did considering the issues I've had over the last few days haha

if i was you i would get some other independant quotes from other providers and also check out the "small print" before doing it - for those without friends or family in the trade that can do jobs cheap it can be a good way of saving yourself mega spends ! :bat:

I didn't get the Renault warranty I got a dealer warranty but they are a Renault authorized service centre so its all good :smile:

I've sorted one for the clio with warranty direct. They've quoted me £550 for the top cover(luxury care). The only problem with it is that as the car i am buying has no existing warranty, the wd cover does not start for 60 days.So i am paying for 12 months but i cant claim for the first 2 months. That's how i understand it but i could be wrong

That sucks about that you can't claim. Iirc the Renault extended warranty I'd actually through warranty direct anyway, it's a not a simple extents on of the Renault warranty like you would expect. It also doednt cover any interior items (cough cough crap recaro bases cough cough)....

anyone checked out quentin wilsons "warranty wise" i think its called...supposed to be a simpler approach to warranty on cars??

That sucks about that you can't claim. Iirc the Renault extended warranty I'd actually through warranty direct anyway, it's a not a simple extents on of the Renault warranty like you would expect. It also doednt cover any interior items (cough cough crap recaro bases cough cough)....

I read all the small print in the Renault Extended warranty and spoke to Customer service and the Interior is NOT covered, but they would look on it favourable.
Bought a different warranty and paying £21 a month for 2 years.