Renault Dealer-Derby

So spoke to a chap called Tom a few weeks ago as I have the rust bubbles under the rear window,"Yes we can sort that all out for you,bring the car in on the 17/6 and we can take it from there"

Great I thought,nice and simple.....Until the "Manager" wanted to see the car..

"No we wont sort that out for you" was his words,deal with Renault direct instead..and said no more.

Now I'm not a rude person being over 40 BUT almost swore at him for the way that he "spoke down to me"

Anyway just wanted to share this "service" with you all as I have worked for Toyota UK Ltd for almost 20 years now and know that as a car company the most important thing is "loyal customers"...

Rant over and lets try Renault UK then :angry:

Bad customer service, but I'm confused the car in your avatar is 6 years old so surely they won't repair it anyway ? Or are you on about a different car.

No its the same car,12 anti-rust on the body,its happened to a few others on here but most have had it sorted by the dealers...but not mine!

Oh right,didn't realise. Most manufacturers I have dealt with only honour the warranty if you have regular dealer maintenance on the paintwork,eg all stone chips etc repaired by them.

Anyhow if its something that should be honoured then I hope it gets sorted for you.

Its because its not Renault.

Its a franchise that has changed owners about 3x during the unfortunately duration I've known about its existance. First it was Sunwin, then it changed to Co-operative Motors, now its Bristol Street Motors etc. Its a joke.

I'll never forget the time they had my 172 in for 3 days and 2 nights just to swap a split wheel arch liner.

Its because its not Renault.

Its a franchise that has changed owners about 3x during the unfortunately duration I've known about its existance. First it was Sunwin, then it changed to Co-operative Motors, now its Bristol Street Motors etc. Its a joke.

I'll never forget the time they had my 172 in for 3 days and 2 nights just to swap a split wheel arch liner.

still shouldnt talk to "customers" like **** should he!!! irrespective of who or what "owns" the dealers...afterall customers pay his flaming wages!!!!

Sorry i was trying to point out that OP hasnt been dealing with Renault, hes been dealing with a franchise (and judging by the constant management shuffle, an unwanted franchise at that) run by monkeys.

So his comparisons on working with Toyota UK Ltd are miles away from this, and Renault UK for that matter too.

Sorry i was trying to point out that OP hasnt been dealing with Renault, hes been dealing with a franchise (and judging by the constant management shuffle, an unwanted franchise at that) run by monkeys.

So his comparisons on working with Toyota UK Ltd are miles away from this, and Renault UK for that matter too.

i think its one of the reasons renault have gone down hill the majority of dealers are very poor in looking after customers...

clio4 choose how good it is wont be a success unless the dealers get thier act together...

take skoda as an example

Same with any manufacturer or business, it all good till it goes wrong, then its all down to those that represent the brand.

If they are wank then you think the manufacturer is.

IIRC its called 'Anti Perforation' Warranty

ie. 'inside to outside' rusting. If the rust has started at the surface then it wont be covered

Agreed, the sunwin/ coop/ Bristol dealer is awful!

I'm glad I don't live up there anymore!!

Does anyone remember gt cars in Alvaston back in the day?

I live in Alvaston and would not touch that place with a very long pole. It says something when I purchased my first Renaut this year in 13 years of driving. i chose to go out my way and use Sutton Park Renault in Burton. Excellent service.

I live in Alvaston and would not touch that place with a very long pole. It says something when I purchased my first Renaut this year in 13 years of driving. i chose to go out my way and use Sutton Park Renault in Burton. Excellent service.

Thanks will look into this.