200: Great dealer experience - Renault St.Helens Arnold Clark

Just thought I'd chip in a note about Renault in St.Helens - Arnold Clark.

I've used these for servicing and tyres for the last four years, after a bad experience trying to save money with a local independent.

Service & MOT at said dealer costs me about £120 from memory, and they seem to price match blackcircles.com on tyres if you ask.

The main thing is the customer service, which I've found to be superb. I was there on Saturday and they even gave me a voucher for a free breakfast at Frankie & Bennys across the road. They also washed & valeted the car and made it smell of berries inside.

I thought it was worth sharing - Renault stealers can be a minefield. There are two dealers and many independents closer to me than St.Helens, but I think if you find a good place then you should stick to it.

Skip.

Nice to see a thread about a positive experience at a dealers rather than negative.

Is very easy to fall into that trap about pretty much everything. You look for a review on anything online, you will find negatives, because naturally if you have a bad experience with something you will write a review slating them... whereas you might not bother if its fine.

I agree with Chris, it's refreshing to see someone praising a dealer - there should be more of it really. It's also nice to see that good, old-fashioned customer service still exists - it's a rarity these days.

Nice to hear positive feedback for a dealer.

I work for a dealer and we get hammered for any customer complaint, but never recognition for the good work.

This is my dilema now, whether to use my local dealer ( Holdcroft - Hanley Stoke on Trent ) to service and Mot my RS200, and with it being right on my doorstep, ideal...... Or travel long and far to go to one of the recognised independents...... You hear some horror stories that the dealers, have no idea about the Renault Sport range, but reading this, im glad there are some about you can trust....

St. Helens might be a bit far for you, though it's an easy drive up the M6.

It's certainly worth travelling to a reputable independent or dealer.

This is my dilema now, whether to use my local dealer ( Holdcroft - Hanley Stoke on Trent ) to service and Mot my RS200, and with it being right on my doorstep, ideal...... Or travel long and far to go to one of the recognised independents...... You hear some horror stories that the dealers, have no idea about the Renault Sport range, but reading this, im glad there are some about you can trust....