Removing tints

Hi all

just wondered if anyone has removed window tints before and how hard is it,in particular the rear windscreen with the heater elements in?

had my three rears done a while back and i think i've gone to dark,not sure what percentage tint was used but it was the shade lighter than the limo one

i'm still not 100% sure if i'm going to remove them its just some days they just don't look right

if i remove them i think i'll have them done again but a shade or two lighter

thanks for any help

Last edited:
I used a hair dryer to warm mine before removing them when I had my little chaved up 1.2, I had limo tint all way round except windscreen :s can usually just peel it but someone told me to soften it with hair dryer first but don't get carried away and make it too hot and stretchy

I used a hair dryer to warm mine before removing them when I had my little chaved up 1.2, I had limo tint all way round except windscreen :s can usually just peel it but someone told me to soften it with hair dryer first but don't get carried away and make it too hot and stretchy

ha ha cheers mate,i was just a bit worried about wrecking the rear elements really,don't want to pull them off with it,the hair dryer trick sounds like a good one

Think the hair dryer will work but if you fancy a lighter tint ask the guy whos going to do the tint to take the old one of,Bet they just use a heat gun and will take them 10mins.

The elements should be inside the glass i'd have thought so not easy to damage like on an older car.

The elements should be inside the glass i'd have thought so not easy to damage like on an older car.

they aren't mate,i know this because the guy that fitted the tints had to remove my elf sticker,in doing so he damaged two of the elements which now don't work,only realised this a while back when it got cold and i had to start using the rear demister

the plan is to take the car back and bring this to his attention,hopefully i should get some discount in the new tints,weather or not he'll accept blame after 6 months is another problem