Removing tints

Can someone tell me please how to remove tints, as im looking at a 200 but it has them on and there quiet dark and i don't really like them

All 200 ffs come with a medium tint on the rear windows, this can not be removed. If its a tint film that's been applied then it should peel off and a tar and glue remover will sort the residue that's been left.

Its illegal to tint front windows (well with any degree of tint anyway).

Last edited:
Negative. Only when spec'd. Mine was the same all round until I had mine darker.

A mate had to take his off recently. Took it to the polish car wash and they used something that dissolved the glue. Obviously this will only work if its film and not tinted glass if spec'd as an option at time of purchase.

All 200 ffs come with a medium tint on the rear windows, this can not be removed. If its a tint film that's been applied then it should peel off and a tar and glue remover will sort the residue that's been left.

Its illegal to tint front windows (well with any degree of tint anyway).

They have to allow no less than 75% light through I think?

Negative. Only when spec'd.

Its in the brochure for the 200 ff that is comes with tinted windows. Extra tint (black basically) is listed under options.

Both tinted windows and extra tint are listed as options on the 200 cup.

They have to allow no less than 75% light through I think?

The windscreen has to let 75% of light through and the front side windows 70%. What I was getting at was that it will make your front windows illegal if you tint them as they come pre-tinted from the factory. Usually at around 15% or so.

Last edited:
Its in the brochure for the 200 ff that is comes with tinted windows. Extra tint (black basically) is listed under options.

Both tinted windows and extra tint are listed as options on the 200 cup.

The windscreen has to let 75% of light through and the front side windows 70%. What I was getting at was that it will make your front windows illegal if you tint them as they come pre-tinted from the factory. Usually at around 15% or so.

Isn't there sometimes a little stamp on the window that tells you how tinted they are standard? Or have I dreamed that up? lol

sounds like after market then?

Renaults are not that dark?

here is my 200 (sport) with extra tint option & my 265 Trophy standard windows (tints not an option)

not too much different imo and surly not too dark.

2997op.jpg

Looking well indeed. Though ate you sure that the Clio has 'extra tint' as the ones I've seen with 'extra tint' the glass is nearly black. Your look the same as mine do and its just the standard tint.

Got confermation there a film on it so should come off

Should come off fairly easily then. As stated earlier you may need something like AutoSmart Tardis to remove any of the residue left by the film on the glass.

Yea its not permanent Jimpy, you'll sort it. Certainly dont let it put you off. I actually prefer having darker windows,

Looking well indeed. Though ate you sure that the Clio has 'extra tint' as the ones I've seen with 'extra tint' the glass is nearly black. Your look the same as mine do and its just the standard tint.

Yeah mate there is a difference just not drastically as has been suggested.

i guess the light plays a part.

jaazo0.jpg

r0sb49.jpg