Removing front bumper for bulb change

Hi everyone, I have some new xenon and led sidelight bulbs to fit and I know I need to remove the bumper however I can't jack car up until I get my low profile jack.

Can I remove the bumper without taking wheels off? Is this more time consuming?

Thanks

carl

No, Not really. Due to you needing to take the arch liner off and unbolting the bumper from the wing, you'll find it damn near impossible if the car isn't jacked and the wheels off.

To counter that, you can get the arch liners off if to fully lock the steering. It is however a lot easier to get off with the wheel off. I managed it when directing my cold air feed .

No need to remove the bumper, drivers side is easy. I changed all my bulbs this week.

Drivers side detach the washer fluid nossle bit, can then pull it off from the main part (very easy to do). You'll then have plenty of room.

Passenger side unscrew the start of the air intake and just pull it out the rubber part, you'll then have enough room.

My explanation isn't the best so if you want me to go out to my car and get pics just say. Or if you don't live to far away then I can do it for you. Easy once you've done it once

Last edited:
I've done this a couple of times now without taking the arch liners off.

If you drive the front wheels onto a couple of blocks of wood you'll have enough room to get at the lower bolts and by turning the steering, enough room to get at the bolt holding the edge of each wing.

I've never taken the wheels off to take the arc liners out or take the bumper off. It's tight but is still do-able.

Paddy-R as a How to in the that sec for changeing bulbs

That I do. The link is in the footer below \/

As for removing the bumper with the car on the ground I've no idea as i've never needed to remove the bumper to change a bulb. Using the techniques in my guide I changed both dipped beam bulbs in 5 mins a few days ago

Last edited:
not want to be the bearer of bad news but what xenon bulbs you buy? as you havent got xenons.

Can one change bulbs for projectors without removing bumper? I've noticed some of the threads are for standard/reflector lights only...

tbf mate the bumper is a piece of piss to remove, last time i had to done something i just unbolted the one side then pulled that side of the bumper off with the other side still bolted on

I hear u, but since my bro in law reversed into my car in the driveway, the bumper is a mission to get completely flush once taking off... And I hate seeing it skew... So I try taking it off only when absolutely necessary... Thanks though.

Peace

Can one change bulbs for projectors without removing bumper? I've noticed some of the threads are for standard/reflector lights only...

can be done but took me fecking ages and several curse words were required haha, getting those clips back on is the worst part and with HIDS fitted it has to be completely removed to get the wires in :worried: much quicker taking the bumper off can get the bumper off and on again in under an hour :smile:
also I've never removed the wheels :smile:

But as said in my previous post... I'd like to avoid taking the bumper off at all costs... It's a proper mission to get it flush once it's off... :banghead:

I wonder...