Remap

Hi guys, i am thinking of going to my local Chip Tuning Company, supposively they are the best in our area round here.

Now i have few questions, My car is completely stock, i ordered k&n panel filter, and now i am thinking of taking it to do Remap.

They are saying that they have managed to gain from clios 205-207 and before remaping it they tested the car on dyno and was hittin 190hp.
They are claiming that for that power they increase the rev limiter to just 150-200rpm.

Now do you think its worth a try to do it ? or it is just waste of money ??

you wont get 205-207 from a 197/200 they are usually only 185 standard at best. You would need a full exhaust system, filter and maybe cams or head work to get near that!

However apparently the remap works out a few of the flat spots and makes the car better to drive. it also can cure or help the kangaroo'ing when starting off in the cold.

you wont get 205-207 from a 197/200 they are usually only 185 standard at best. You would need a full exhaust system, filter and maybe cams or head work to get near that!

However apparently the remap works out a few of the flat spots and makes the car better to drive. it also can cure or help the kangaroo'ing when starting off in the cold.

This...

The later 197/200's seem to have better power figures than the early cars...

Best you can hope for is 197/200 after a remap but I woulnt bother at all with only a new air filter. Only really worth it if your going to have head work done and fit different cams.

Last edited:
standard at best running 190bhp, you may gain about 5bhp peak and improve drivability, there figures of reaching 205-207bhp from a 190bhp stock is a bit optimistic.

Your avarage after a map is 191-195

most dyno'd 197's on here including mine range from 175-185.

You will need a good filter and exhaust for starters to hit anything around the 195 mark,

I have milltek with sports cat, itg filter and only managed 193 with a remap from Paul at RS tuning. Not worth £300 bucks without any mods.

If its your everyday get it done , I noticed a power delivery was better , better starting and better pulling , and less kangerooing but only map after mods will be better !

K-tek did mine however rs tuning will be just as good , mine cost me £250 including a pannel filter .
My fueling was sorted and after it was all corrected i made some big gains :smile:

174.4 before and 191.5 after mapping .

much higher curve on the torque.

Mine was 195 standard (1 year old 200), so guessing the later ones are a LOT better! Ended up with 205 after miltek, remap and itg.

I reckon a 15hp gain on a NA car with just a remap is a bit ambitious, if its true then they definately know something no-one else does.

If your ref to me ??, ive had mine RR else where to see the results as i always like to see what others say,

Fueling was totally wrong , fueling too early with air ...wasnt good at all , if you speak to a few '' renault mappers the 197-200's are renound for the same problem ''

To be getting a true 200+bhp your looking at matched inlets too , 210-215 on cams.

Yeah i know that , thats what im saying 205 with a milly on is high , be more around 195 !

i got 192 rough guide with map , exhaust and filter,

This has been discussed time and time again. Some will see it as pointless mapping a near standard engine and that the money can be spent elsewhere.

I had mine mapped and had good gains throughout the range with my "near standard engine" producing 193bhp from 187bhp at a reputable tuning company - TDF.

Flat spot is smoothed out blah blah blah

The bottom line in my eyes is that it is worth doing if you appreciate driveability but not if your expecting un-realistic results.

K-tek did mine however rs tuning will be just as good , mine cost me £250 including a pannel filter .
My fueling was sorted and after it was all corrected i made some big gains :smile:

174.4 before and 191.5 after mapping .

much higher curve on the torque.

I have been considering getting mine done I was just asking to see whether you had it done locally with you being from Blackburn.

Looks like RS at Leeds is my best bet.