Remap with warranty?

I was told by my local Renault dealer (pontefract) I wasn't able to have my car remapped as it would void my warranty what have your guys done? I also got the extended warrenty

if you get you car mapped and it needs plugged in to the renault computer it will restore the original map wiping you map off so technically you will need to tell them so this doesnt happen.

It will show up, however you have to dig deep to find it! I am a tech for Mercedes and i know loads of cars that i have worked on have been remapped, however it can be very hard for the average technician to find! And to be honest... I don't worry if the car had been remapped or not, if there is a fault, i will just fix it!

I had an sl55 amg that had all different pulleys and remap and was pushing 620Bhp and he blow the diff to pieces, but i still replaced it for him! It will all boil down to how fussy the tech is!

if you get you car mapped and it needs plugged in to the renault computer it will restore the original map wiping you map off so technically you will need to tell them so this doesnt happen.

it will only wipe the map if the ecu is updated/re-flashed

What about something like a bluefin that will hold your original map, then you can load it back on when it needs warranty work if your worried about it.

What about something like a bluefin that will hold your original map, then you can load it back on when it needs warranty work if your worried about it.

I was going to suggest the same but they are not so hot are they?

I was going to suggest the same but they are not so hot are they?

Not sure on the Clio, they claim good gains but I haven't seen many use them. The Ford boys love them, and a mate of mine swears by them too (used them on a couple of his focus STs and I think he's using one on his M3 but I could be wrong on that)

A mate uses one on a supercharged ST170 and it's good for swopping maps but i'm sure someone on here had problems with one and took it back to get a refund.

Was it from tweeks?