Recommend a convertible..............

If you want anything that resembles the clio in terms of fun the MX5 really is the best choice for under £10k. You'll miss the fun of the Clio with a focus etc.

Z4's are getting pretty reasonable, i personally like the styling and come with either 2.5 or 3.0L :smile:
And theres also the BBR mx5, £10,000 for a fully refurbished mk1 mx5, with a 2L turbo kicking out 220bhp through the rear wheels, heaven!

Last edited:
MX5 all day long, I was very wary but then the ex mrs went out and bought the 2.0 sport with 160bhp, rear wheel drive with an LSD and it was awesome.7

Alot of people have swapped from S2000's to them due to the skittish and wild handling of the S2000. I test drove an S2000 before she bought the MX5 and I preferred the MX5 and with the BBR tuning kit where they bolt a turbo on they can see 200bhp and they are very reliable.

MX5 for me, had a little sit in one at the weekend. Drove it all of 3 yards about the yard and it felt pretty tight.

Or if your feeling a bit mental buy a TVR Chimaera 450 or 500 or a TVR Griffith, back in the day my Dads 450 was an amazing car. Scary at times but nothing touches them for noise or straight-line fun.

i was a Ford salesman when the CC came out and honeslty its the biggest bag of turdage ever, sold 3 all came back and one was even completely returned. Its also really heavy. Saab 9-3 comes to mind otherwise id stick with something smaller like an mx5.

came across this just an example
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2285908.htm

K series 1.8 would put me off a TF and the S2000 looks a bit old and is just far too dear to run. The MX5 is a good bet, but it depends what you are changing for, if you want a bit more refinement then as Pete has said, a 9-3 or as Will off here has just changed to, a Megane CC.

I think realisation has sunk in with her and I'm thinking change is off the cards. Although there have been some great suggestions but unfortunately
She didn't like the mx5, the s2000 was far too dear to insure and the astra 2.0t tax bracket is redicilous. The focus leaks lol.

We have found a gorgeous z4 facelift, in black with sport seats which I didn't think I would like, but shocked how much I did, she loved it. May go back for a test drive but I personally don't think the cost of change would be worth it. (hence the half hearted advert for the Clio on pistonheads)!

If someone came and bought the Clio with minimum effort Id be more enthusiastic :tongueout:

The on off on off decision has been decided. Were going for a friends 330i e46 facelift. It's one owner, low mileage and very well looked after! I ideally wasn't after something as thirsty but the spec condition and history makes it a no brainer.
Besides most of my miles are on the scooter now