Recomended Wax for Albi Blue

Clio*Nick

Platinum Member
Im getting to the end of my pot of R222 wax and so looking to purchase some more within the next few weeks.

Is there any other wax which you guys have used which you would recomend for albi blue?

Whats ure budget mate?

A few personal choices of mine;
Dodo blue velvet is great base range wax but requires 2 coats to get a decent beading. Think this retails at 35 quid ish
Next I do rate dodo supernatural it's 100 quid in a wooden pot or 60 in a plastic pot. Leaves good beading after 1 coat but will last 2 weeks at best.
On the really nice cars I use Swiss best of show it leaves fantastic beading after 1 coat, 2 coats n I've known it to last 3 months 160 quid I think but welllll worth it. Obviously there are more expensive waxes but for a 197 and personal use I find the prices escalate very quickly for not that much better quality

My budget is anything upto £100 really. I do like spending money on my kit but I know there is no point in spending big big money on a clio. I pay for all of my detailing kit by machine polishing mates cars for cash so I will just have to do a few more lol

Is supernatural exactly the same in the wooden and plastic pots? just litterally a different pot?

yes just looks better in the wooden pot lmao . . . . oh and the wooden pot is refillable for £30 but if you just do a few a month a £60 pot will last you a long time lol

i reccomend the guys at clean your car to really nice ppl and delivery is fast as fast can be lol

yeah pot of wax normally lasts a year for me lol Looks like i will give the Dodo a try then.

yeah i have used them for over a year now, really do like the service and the loyalty points scheme means that when i bought my DAS-6 with Menz polishes I managed to get two bottles of red mist for free!

Cheers for the advice

:smile: thats what i like to hear. u going for the plastic pot? u got smooth hands?

yeah plastic pot, Im not one for paying extra for a fancy wooden pot lol

got a couple of foam wax applicators, they ok?

yeah i was gunna say if uve got soft hands u can apply supernatural by hand. . . . . i love this cos u get to touch every inch of the car lol

Be careful with the applicators though, I found the paint on the 197 scratches sooo easily. I found that some of my clean microfibre cloths could slightly scratch the paint!

The yellow round foam meguiars applicators are nice and soft and won't scratch the paint.

Wax wise, I normally just use collinite 476 as it lasts a decent length of time and I don't really believe that one wax looks a lot better than another. People have done blind tests before and generally they can't tell any difference

yeah those are the applicators i have the round yellow ones :thumbup:

I hear lots about collinite 476 is it as good as people make out?

Be careful with the applicators though, I found the paint on the 197 scratches sooo easily. I found that some of my clean microfibre cloths could slightly scratch the paint!

The yellow round foam meguiars applicators are nice and soft and won't scratch the paint.

Wax wise, I normally just use collinite 476 as it lasts a decent length of time and I don't really believe that one wax looks a lot better than another. People have done blind tests before and generally they can't tell any difference

For me a good wax is not about day 1 its about day 100.

And most waxes won't even reach day ten nevermind day 100.

Dodo wax are brilliant, or for something a little cheaper an easier to use try autoglym Ultra deep shine works really well on black and dark blue