Recaros or not?

What are people's opinions? I'm getting an albi blue rs200 and I can't make up my mind wether to get them in it or not purely because of the yellow center bits in the seats themselves!

For people who have got them, are they worth getting?

If I was speccing again I'd only get them in leather due to the wear issues, but tbh they're not as essential as people make out

I was all for them until I actually tried the standard seats.

I also decided against them in the end for mine because I do quite high mileage, and when combined with a cup chassis, I thought they may get a bit tiring for everyday use.

All the threads about them wearing through over at the RenaultSport forum didn't inspire too much confidence in them either, especially given the cost of them as an option.

I can completely understand why the wear issues would put you off and it is small consolation that it is normally fixed straight away (certainly was in my case). I find them to be very comfortable and I had actually said I wouldn't get a 197 with them because they look very hard. If I were to get a 200 the Recaros would be top of my option list, I think they are superb. As for the yellow inserts, buy them and I will swap you for my 2month old silver ones lol :wink:

i've got an albi 200, i spec'd the recaro's and i can tell you they look great, are comfy on long journeys and provide good support when flying round bends. make the car's interior for me.

i love mine i wouldent be put of by the wear isue as long as thyre mint keep them mint by doing as iv done and put a fited cover cost around £55 but are very good and fit the recaro shaper perfectly

^^^ The 200 Recaros have a yellow tinge to the centre of them, rather than the silver in the 197. It looks brilliant, especially in a LY car!

I don't think they offer much over the standard seats in terms of comfort or even support, but they do make the car feel special and sporty which makes them worthwhile

Just ordered one without, gone for leather, having a very similar dilema to you. Personally, after having driven one from the stealer with recaros, they seemed very awkward to get in and out of and for me, i know this would really annoy on a day to day basis (now i know i'm getting old). That said, they are good seats once your in or out of them. You really need to get in some of them and try them out. Not sure where your from, but the dealer in Wolverhampton has a 10 plate with them fitted.

I have the standard seats and they are just as supportive as the Recaros, the only benefit in my eyes with the recaros is that they look alot better than the standard seats. But as they are part of the interior I couldn't justify paying all that money for them!

they will be for sale shortly as they are making way for cup racer seats.

Similar Thread Suggestions