Recaro seat repairs north east

The problem with seat repairs is that it's more like painting the cars lots of people can do it but what you end up with can be the problem and too late. I have seen bad fabric matching wrong stitching size etc. Last year I got six full seats fixed some because of the wrong material used and others due to wear.
I used Capital seating as they are the Recaro dealer they have a waiting list and I found that making out what you want repaired is important with like tailors chalk (chalk mark the panels you want fixed) as some covers got fixed on one panel but not the other and I had been able to find the actual seat fabric from a Megane as I wanted original match/age but some of the seats used their fabric which was very good to the point that I would entertain getting the whole outer made new and stitch in the coloured panel which I can't believe no one is supplying/pricing. If I was near London I would have used Steve and from both I would not be that much worried on price but be what the repair was going to be like finished.

Fabric found cleaned and harvested
1648209938776.png

Fixed poorly matched fabric I fixed this anyway the next photo you can see the stitching previous repair difference to the original.
1648208155007.png

Wear
1648208212797.png

Previous owner or outbidder sabotage
1648208300371.png

Yellow dot repair when fitted to the inside not noticed but if fitted to the outside a stronger wearing material padded from behind.
1648208688427.png
1648208826117.png

picture of other side
1648208935410.png

I used Steve Murr to redo the upper and lower bolsters of my drivers side yellow dot Recaro. He is no where near you but he did an excellent job of using a fabric that was not a perfect match but good enough so that you wold not really notice the difference.

I now don't feel bad when I slide over the drivers side bolster when I get out of the car - it should be good a few years.

When I priced up repairing the Recaros I think it was possible to get both seats recovered for about £700 - but repairs to the upper and lower bolster on one seat was £260.

turkie172 I see what you mean the difficulty I am having is I am on the borders of Scotland and all the local people have said the match would be bad and I have seen some of the work they have done and I'm not impressed for what they are charging

burrellbloke
seen him mentioned a few times and he seems to have a lot of great reviews but its a hell of a long journey for it to be done

turkie172 I see what you mean the difficulty I am having is I am on the borders of Scotland and all the local people have said the match would be bad and I have seen some of the work they have done and I'm not impressed for what they are charging

burrellbloke
seen him mentioned a few times and he seems to have a lot of great reviews but its a hell of a long journey for it to be done
Can’t you remove the covers and post them?

Capital seating is your best bet mate, just do them one at a time. The base unbolts from underneath and can be swapped over (not uncommon if you find a passenger seat with worn inside bolster).

The side bolsters are more of an effort to get the cover off but it can be done...

Heres a repair I had done @ capital.

DSC_0632.JPG

Similar Thread Suggestions