Recaro Seat Protection

I purchased a Clio 197 last Thursday & I am already paranoid about wearing/tearing on the side of the Recaro seats as I'm aware this is a common problem. The drivers side is fine & there is very slight wear on the passenger side.

Is there anything I can do to protect the seats & prevent this from happening? besides from being careful not to rub it every time I get in the car.

Any help much appreciated.

PS. Car is awesome

Just do as your doing, careful getting in and out

30K on mine and they look like they've just left the factory still the day I picked it up.

I avoid touching the sides completely getting in and out.

It's only going to wear if your heavy on the bolsters

Try a seat cover. Not to all tastes, but it does the job.

Tailored covers for the Recaros are available from Capitol Seating and are about £50 each...or you can become a paid member and wait for one to pop up in the for sale section.

I will have a look at seat covers, not sure if they are something I would want to keep on my seats permanently but I would consider if they looked smart.

Cheers

Ill have a look around for these, do they look good enough leave them on permanently? Also any idea what brand they are?

Thanks,

I got two of the seat covers specific for these seats from capital and they fit really snug, I would much prefer to show the seats off, but they do wear pretty quick if not carefully all the time, and are so bloody expensive to get recovered!

Similar Thread Suggestions