Recaro Clicking

Buddyboy

Platinum Member
My drivers side recaro has started to make a clicking noise from the base when driving has anyone else experienced this .

Mines always done it since I've owned the car from new Renault have try to locate it twice and no luck as everything is tight may just be the rear plastics of the seat that's what I've out my down too

You get used to it...

The amount of times over the past 4 months i've been underneath the seat with a spanner/screwdriver/torx but can't find anything!

Mine creak/click too

Oh the passenger seat belt knocks on the b pillar when not used also....wish renault had the clips on their recaros like the vxr corsa ones.

Got used to hooking the belt round the bolster

^ I wish!! It's the worst when I have the seat right at it's lowest setting which ironically is the most comfortable for me!

Don't want to speak too soon but sort of fixed this..... probably will jinx myself now!

We've got this awesome industrial lubricant stuff at work which I poured into a little pot and used a paintbrush.
It's not too runny but not too viscous. Probably the same consistency of snot haha! I'll find out what's it's called tomorrow and post it up.

Push the seat right back and jack it up to it's highest setting. If you shine a torch underneath the seat to the left, you can see the racket/crank think that adjusts the height. Paint loads of lubricant on this and jack the seat up and down a few times to work the lubricant into the mechanism.

That's it! Seems to have stopped clicking for now. Got my fingers crossed!!

Mines still doing it after Renault having it thinking of swapping seat base over or just removing it to have a better look . Do I need to disconnect anything to remove seat base also found what looks to be some sort of washer broken in half under my seat were Renault have had it a lot thicker than a normal washer.

Mines still doing it after Renault having it thinking of swapping seat base over or just removing it to have a better look . Do I need to disconnect anything to remove seat base also found what looks to be some sort of washer broken in half under my seat were Renault have had it a lot thicker than a normal washer.

do a search theres a "how to"...

Similar Thread Suggestions