Recaro Clicking/Tapping

So every time I go over a 'yump' whilst driving I can feel and hear a little tap/click coming from under the driver's seat.

If I jack the seat up a couple of notches the tap/click stops for a while. Then after about 10 minutes it returns.

I've zip tied all the cables underneath the seat and wrapped them in sponge which hasn't solved it. Thought it could have been them rattling against the base.

This is driving me nuts!
I know it's hard to diagnose something without actually seeing it for yourself but just wondering if anyone has had the same problem?

The Recaros were retrofitted to the car by Renault before I bought it new so I have a feeling they haven't screwed them in tight enough.
Sounds like it could be the seat rails rubbing against the thread of the bolts that attach them to the car.

Car is under warranty so can take it to Renault but would rather fix it myself rather than faff about with the service department!

I had something similar with mind except it was on every right hand bend. Was doing my head in so took it back to Renault. Was told by the mechanic who was working on the car all he did was tighten the bolts which fasten the seat to the car, hasnt done it since so well worth a try.

I had something similar with mind except it was on every right hand bend. Was doing my head in so took it back to Renault. Was told by the mechanic who was working on the car all he did was tighten the bolts which fasten the seat to the car, hasnt done it since so well worth a try.

Sweet, that's what I think it could be.

Similar Thread Suggestions