Rears Squeeling

Hi all, I've recently noticed a squeeling sound coming from my rears. It seems to have become worse over the coming months since I've moved to Wiltshire.

Regularly, and I mean regularly, mostly all trips in the car result in a squeeling that simply does not go away. If I tap the brakes it seems to vanish, but then comes back again about a second or two after.

I'm thinking it may be the brakes, but they are nothing special on the back and they've been cleaned with a power washer.

The car is used daily.

Check your brake pads mate, i had the exact same symptoms when my rear pad fell apart:

attachment.php

Original pads on 20k miles.

Attachments

• 20140812_150506.jpg
    20140812_150506.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 94
Also whilst you are there check the adjustors are working correctly and moving freely. I would dismantle / clean and inspect the rear calipers.

Yep, echo the above. Strip and clean the lot, ensure it's in fully working condition. Fit new pads if they are worn. Nice bit of brake grease (preferably not copper) in the appropriate areas and put it back together. Should sort it out.

Hi all, I've recently noticed a squeeling sound coming from my rears. It seems to have become worse over the coming months since I've moved to Wiltshire.

Regularly, and I mean regularly, mostly all trips in the car result in a squeeling that simply does not go away. If I tap the brakes it seems to vanish, but then comes back again about a second or two after.

I'm thinking it may be the brakes, but they are nothing special on the back and they've been cleaned with a power washer.

The car is used daily.

in the long run a power washer wont do them any good as it will wash off any anti-sieze that's on them...

taken them apart and clean up and lube the pivot/mounting points - also make sure the handbrake isn't over adjusted and holding the brakes on...

Last edited:
in the lond run a power washer wont do them any good as it will wash off any anti-sieze that's on them...

taken them apart and clean up and lube the pivot/mounting points - alos make sure the handbrake isn't over adjusted and holding the brakes on...

Actually I've noticed that my handbrake sticks regularly. It sticks to regularly, that I totally forgot that it even does it after 2 years of owning the car.

Yeah, I'll get it done. I've done a lot of travelling in the car and I can only assume it's in dire need of some love.

On another note, I forgot about my MOT in October. It's booked in, but I'm going to assume again, that my ball joints will fail it. I'm going to get it all sorted this week. However, I don't hear any knocks or dogey noises from the fronts, where in the last inspection the man at Renault said they were going in the front. I'm starting to feel like they wanted to rip me off.