J Hooked Rears Fitted

Fernandez

Gold Member
Finally got round to fitting the rear disks, didn't have time yesterday to fit the fronts but they are going on very soon along with the new hub that's needed.

For the rear pads I went for Performance Friction, no point in messing about really. :wink:

20131104_113208_zps22b874da.jpg

20131104_110317_zps4fbc5549.jpg

20131104_104907_zps7ef0d575.jpg

they look sweet, cant wait till my brakes need changing, will be definitely going for a set of fronts

They do look awesome! The fronts look cracking too :smiley: would you ever to standard size fronts with J hooks?

why dont they? no point having part of the dics not beaing used? and i got a hub bearing u could of had!

Now you tell me, Mr Black is using my car as a donor to see if he can replace the bearings in the same way he does does with the Meganes. Hopefully if it works he'll be offering that service so
people don't have to spends £180 on a new hub.

Clean your wheels! Lol

I know, the trouble with white alloys

Look great.

when are the big brakes coming?? Haha

As soon as my hubs fixed mate :smile:

Now you tell me, Mr Black is using my car as a donor to see if he can replace the bearings in the same way he does does with the Meganes. Hopefully if it works he'll be offering that service so
people don't have to spends £180 on a new hub.
:smile:
so are u saying its your bottom swivl ball joint that gone or the hub bearing? the ball joint was £60 and is a piss of piece to fit :smile:

So is the disc surface bigger than the one of the stock discs then mate? With time that area that doesn't contact the pad is going to get corroded and look nasty!

So is the disc surface bigger than the one of the stock discs then mate? With time that area that doesn't contact the pad is going to get corroded and look nasty!

No mate, the pads I have are smaller, might be that I have been sent the wrong ones.

The disks are the exactly the same as OEM, even down to having the OEM bearings and ABS rings.

question, can you fit new discs with used pads (assuming of course the pads are going to be sanded down to a new leveled surface etc)?

My rear DS2500 have plenty of meat left so it'd be a waste to throw them away

question, can you fit new discs with used pads (assuming of course the pads are going to be sanded down to a new leveled surface etc)?

My rear DS2500 have plenty of meat left so it'd be a waste to throw them away

They do say its best to put new pads on bit if your pads are sanded down to provide even wear then I don't see why not.