Rear view mirror Q?

Does anyone know if the mirror part is the same on cup and non-cup (with rain sensor etc.) and if it's possible to pop it out the ball and socket?

I know the mounting brackets are different but all I need is the mirror as mines started to cloud...
7701349373.png

Cheers :thumb:

I have changed the mirror on my Normal 197 from a standard mirror to a rain/light sensor mirror although saying that I did it by having the windscreen changed after it got cracked with a stone and I was able to activate the rain/light sensor function. What are you planning as I think the mounts are the same just the black area of the screen with rain sensor window. Something tells me one mirror comes off by sliding upwards the other downwards I can check if you need.

The standard mirrors are cheaper than the full fat ones that's all, hate buying stuff I don't need. If the mirror bit just pops out then I can save a few quid... Also, I have a personal distaste for the megane mirror, it just looks wrong to me! :jedi:

Oh to answer my own question, yes it can be popped free from the ball and socket but FIRST you need to remove it from the windscreen!!! So trim off, unplug both sensors then tap the aluminum housing gently from above a few times and it'll fall free...

_20200607_192048.JPG

_20200607_192132.JPG

However, the cup ones are black and the full fat ones beige so thus has been a massive waste of time! :persevere:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lewis Watson