Rear view mirror replacement

Hi all,
I've recently bought a 197 that needs a bit of TLC, and one bit if needs is a new rear view mirror. How can I find out if I need one that for auto wipers or one that doesn't have auto wipers? When I hold the left hand side indicator stalk button in it just says auto lights on or off..

tia

I also need to replace mine, and from what I noticed, there are only 2 types : a black one that is on the cars without auto lights/wipers and a grey one that is cars with auto lights/wipers.

I have a cream one (with auto wipers). The silvering is pealing so I want to replace it, but am having trouble sourcing a replacement glass. All tim finding so far in my searches are misc universal rubbish and salvaged overpriced full units (also with pealing glass!) Has anyone had any success in finding replacement glass or does it only come as a full unit?

I replaced mine last year, same issue with the silvering peeling. It seemed the only option was to replace the whole unit. Something like £35 if I recall correctly. Pretty straightforward to fit, clean and de-grease the mounting part of the screen thoroughly, I bought the bonding kit from Amazon (Loctite 319) and 6 months on, it's still in place....

Reactions: O0RAH