Rear Spoiler

Hi

Sorry for another thread about rear spoilers

I have a 197 and I really love to fit a Renault Gt oem rear spoiler in my car....

I only have to buy the spoiler and fit it or I need to change something else??

Anyone know the part number of the GT spoiler?

Thanks

Hi

Sorry for another thread about rear spoilers

I have a 197 and I really love to fit a Renault Gt oem rear spoiler in my car....

I only have to buy the spoiler and fit it or I need to change something else??

Anyone know the part number of the GT spoiler?

Thanks

You can't retro fit easily! I have one for sale if you're interested! :smile:

The retro-fitting of the GT spoiler is a highly debated subject. Some are under the impression it can't be done, others say you need a fixing bracket. But I don't think anyone seems to know for sure. The only way may be a new tailgate.

It's the same tailgate, cars with the GT spoiler fitted at the factory have two extra mounting holes for the spoiler to attach. Those that retro-fit it will need to drill these fixing holes into their tailgate - and that's why alot of people don't bother, could create problems with warranty/corrosion/rust etc etc.

Oh rite, I heard there was an additional fixing bracket needed for it. Tbh, don't all spoilers need the tailgate drilling? I know mine did! That's why I got a company to fit mine incase I ballsed it up! Lol!

I will try and go to a Renault dealer today to see what they tell....

Anyone here have a chassis number that could give me so they could find the parts in the system..

A 200 number that came with the spoiler?

Thanks

Not possible !!!!!!!!!

To do this you need to buy a differnet tailgate. as the mounting points are completely different. We found this out our selfs after reading on RSUK that you could.

There is a thread both on here and on RSUK somewhere

Karl
www.smcrenault.co.uk

Yup, 2 tailgates. Found this out back in November '09, and have done my best to tell anyone that queried it. Only to be told by lots that i'm wrong.

Will be interesting in years to come when people try changing spoilers etc, as with everything, tastes are different from one person to the other