Rear Spoiler Removal

Just a quick question regarding rear spolier removal, specifically the cup spoiler - how does it fasten to the car, and does it leave holes visible if removed? Can it be replaced with a GT spoiler?

Thanks,
Dave.

The removal is very simple, open your boot and you will see the four bolts that hold it on.

It will leave holes and as far as I'm aware you can't fit a GT spoiler as the tailgate is different at the top.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong :smile:

Haven't bought a Clio yet!! - just wanted to know what options are open regarding the cup spoiler - personally I don't like this spoiler but wanted to know if I could still buy a car with one fitted and remove it later.

ooh if your selling on a cup spoiler pls pm me! sorry, back on topic.

I removed our Cup spoiler. Left 4 bolt holes and some marks under the spoiler "arms". Had a local body shop repair the top of tailgate and paint. Looks so much better now.

As above, you can't fit a GT spoiler unless its from the factory (unless you buy a whole new boot lid). Removing the Cup spoiler will leave holes.

Thread resurrection!

Is the only way of fitting a Cup spoiler to a car with a GT spoiler is by buying a non-GT spoiler boot?

Seems a few places saying different things. You can't retrofit a GT spoiler but you can retrofit a Cup spoiler to a car with a GT spoiler?

Last edited:
Thread resurrection!
Is the only way of fitting a Cup spoiler to a car with a GT spoiler is by buying a non-GT spoiler boot?
Seems a few places saying different things. You can't retrofit a GT spoiler but you can retrofit a Cup spoiler to a car with a GT spoiler?

@tsinc80697 ... possibly too late, but this is how a clio boot looks like after removal of the GT spoiler.

31917033386_2ecd31a574_b.jpg

what about some pictures of the GT spoiler the two parts other forums are says you can cut the recessed parts to the lower spoiler mount so it can be fitted to a STD boot was there bolts holding it through the boot lid looks like six holes on the top of the tailgate.

Reactions: sevenfourate