rear spoiler problem

talked to the salesman in the Renault showroom and asked him if it was possible to order the car with the rear spoilers, he said I couldn't and said that they could add it to the car when they get the car to Bahrain. He continued saying by adding the rear spoiler it would disable the function to spray water for the rear windows because they have to drill holes and stuff. is it that complicated to add the rear spoiler to the extent of disabling the water spray? and your opinion guys?thx

never heard this before. again renault not knowing what they are talking about

I had the Cup spoiler fitted to our 200 today and can safely say that none of what the guy told you is true.

It really is just 2 bolts, 2 self tapping screws and some bondo to fit it.

so my dealer are adding the rear spoiler incorrectly!? drilling...

Nah! 4 holes do get drilled, 2 in each top corner of your boot lid but these are just through metal (No hoses or water tubes).

If they dont know what they are doing, tell them to read the fitting insruction guide that comes with the Cup spoiler.

i had my cup spoiler fitted about 2 weeks ago to the 200, helped fit it and its nowhere near the washer, extreme left and right of the top of tailgate. Where they're drill even if there was water getting in its outside the seal so wouldnt come in the car. Maybe its the extreme spoiler where that looks a bit more complicated with a new high level brake light?? hope you get it sorted out

GCC spec their vehicles with the GT spoiler as standard, so indeed removing the GT spoiler and fitting the cup on its place is somewhat tricky, it leaves the water spray tubes and the roof break light wiring exposed, thats why many here don't appreciate the complications involved.