Rear lights

I was behind a non sport Clio today (61 plate) and noticed the rear lights are different - more clear than red on lens
When were these changed and are they a direct fit as replacements as they look a lot better :smile:

They changed when the Clio was face lifted (197 to 200 shape) and yes they are a direct replacement as there are a few on here that have the lower spec lights.

You can replace them, but the fog light was moved from out of the main cluster, to at the bottom of the bumper, so unless you find an alternative place to locate the fog light, you won't be legal or pass an MOT test. In some countries fog lights aren't a legal requirement, but you could look at converting one of the reverse lights to a fog light. Might be a lot of work involves though.

These are not fitted as standard to any of the RS models, they are only fitted on the lower spec 5 door clio derivatives. I went to a new car storage compound recently and the only ones with the different lights were the 5 door dynamiques.......perhaps some plastic wheeltrims would look nice too :smile:

These are not fitted as standard to any of the RS models, they are only fitted on the lower spec 5 door clio derivatives. I went to a new car storage compound recently and the only ones with the different lights were the 5 door dynamiques.......perhaps some plastic wheeltrims would look nice too :smile:

All the facelift clios bar the 200's were fitted with them, not just the 5 doors.

Henderson got these lights on his, looks great IMO!

Hope he doesn't mind but here's a pic...
02783CC3-2AD0-4BA9-AF95-B37EE4AE992F-2390-000002D30BF606A0_zpsac6a87c5.gif

no probs at all mason,you saved me a job!

changing the reverse light into a fog light is an absolute doddle,simply a matter of swapping 2 spade type connectors over in the drivers side rear light,then fit a red bulb,the passenger side rear light is a straight plug and play swap

these lights also come without reflectors so i've bought some stick on ones for MOT time for £1 which i'll just pull off after

All the facelift clios bar the 200's were fitted with them, not just the 5 doors.

Ah right, the ones in the compound were 5 door cars along with a few 200s so no doubt youre right. I guess it is because the "standard" cars can get the fog lights into the lower bumper.

Ah right, the ones in the compound were 5 door cars along with a few 200s so no doubt youre right. I guess it is because the "standard" cars can get the fog lights into the lower bumper.

Thats right yes, the standard cars had a new bumper but the 200 used the 197 bumper with a different diffuser.

Took the rubbing strips off.

$(KGrHqZ,!roFCR4jE9wmBQzZEC7kJw~~_12.jpg

I wish I saved the german ebay 197 I found a few weeks back.

Has anybody else seen the mk3 version of these lights?

win.gif

If so I think they look awesome, but can't find them now :worried:

Similar Thread Suggestions