Rear light & number plate light problem

jord1995

Gold Member
HELP!

I took the passenger side number plate light out and put it back in the other number plate light and the passenger rear light and fog light stop working but the brake light reverse light and indicator light still work any ideas? I have LED bulbs in the numberplate only?

I've been told it might be a fuse but would the other light not go out too or are the fuses left and right on the car also where can I locate the fuse I've checked in the driver's dash but there are only minimal fuses and not the one I'm looking so I assume the is another fuse box somewhere like the engine bay?

7f1190a2811eded85bcbc1a923a64213.jpg

UPDATE!

Found a broken fuse in the engine bay don't know what one it is but I replaced it and they still don't work

have you tried cleaning up the earthing point for the rear light or tried spraying any contact cleaner/water displacer in the connector plugs? Bad earths can cause all sorts of weird faults.

Did you ever sort this [MENTION=53112]jord1995[/MENTION] currently got the same issue myself, replaced a number plate bulb it flashed and appeared to trip taking out the passenger tail light the passenger side light and both number plate bulbs :worried:

Sorry guys forgot I posted on here haha I replaced the number plate lights with new standard bulbs and replaced with a new fuse that was blown as It kept blowing with the LED in them I must have broken one of the LED lights and shorted it out it's all sorted now

Did you ever sort this [MENTION=53112]jord1995[/MENTION] currently got the same issue myself, replaced a number plate bulb it flashed and appeared to trip taking out the passenger tail light the passenger side light and both number plate bulbs :worried:
Replace the blown 10amp fuse in the engine bay and replace both number plate bulbs I'm using standard bulbs for now but I have orders 2 18led light units that are plug and play

Glad to hear you got it sorted then :smile: now you say that about the bulbs, it rings a bell that certain LEDs can short out the system. Good that you got to the bottom of the problem though.

Glad to hear you got it sorted then :smile: now you say that about the bulbs, it rings a bell that certain LEDs can short out the system. Good that you got to the bottom of the problem though.

Certainly think it's the case about certain LED's shorting out the system/fuse Jimmy, unfortunately there is no indication before it's too late.

Replace the blown 10amp fuse in the engine bay and replace both number plate bulbs I'm using standard bulbs for now but I have orders 2 18led light units that are plug and play

Let me know if those plug and play units work, I ordered some a while back of eBay and they did't want to work when connected to the car however they did work hooked up to a battery :/

I can confirm aswell that it was a 10A mini blade fuse located in the engine bay to the right of the battery. I think it was the 4th or 5th fuse in from the right for me, replaced and sorted! :smile:

I had the exact same problem with my 200 cup. Replaced the rear number plate lights and the fuse in box right of battery blew and put out the passenger side of lighting. I replaced that fuse and put the original bulbs back and all is working fine again. I think i'm going to give the ones you linked Jimmy a go. Thanks for this thread though guys.

Fuse is blown. It'll be a red 10 in the engine bay fuse box on the right side.

Don't put the big leds in the rear bumper, it'll blow all the time.

Put dud bulbs in there and stop helping the police by lighting your number plate silly bright lol!