Rear damper top thread?

aterro

Paid Member
Hi all

does anyone know the thread size for the rear damper? ( top of damper)

is it m9x1.0?
Thanks

Do you have any anti roll bar nuts about or track rod ends as you can try the nut on or off them I think the anti roll bar link is M10 x 1.5 don't force any nuts in case the thread pitch is wrong

I saw in your project thread that you have put B14s on your car. The rear damper thread is m9x1. I ordered new nyloc nuts direct from Bilstein. I had to pay about £25 for the front nuts, rear nuts and P&P.

Reactions: aterro
I saw in your project thread that you have put B14s on your car. The rear damper thread is m9x1. I ordered new nyloc nuts direct from Bilstein. I had to pay about £25 for the front nuts, rear nuts and P&P.
Excellent, thanks. Thought so. I’m running bilstein b14s with powerflex upper bushes so need a smaller nut.

Don't I feel like a cock for not guessing the setup what's the problem with the B14's is it starting the thread or not enough thread for the locking nut to reach the nylon. Has anyone considered cutting the shoulder or sand the top and bottom from one of the halves to gain some threads.
1620065688378.png

I installed B14s front and back at the start of the year and also put in PowerFlex bushes on the rear dampers at the same time. I had read that @Addison had issues with the standard Renault dampers and PowerFlex bushes but I did not have any problems at all with the combination of B14 rear dampers and PowerFlex bushes.

Reactions: Addison
Probably then alignment of the bushes shoulders through the hole put the weight of the car on the rear dampers then do the nut thing

Reactions: Sean197
b14 rear dampers with powerflex bushes did not allow the nut to tighten up enough for me. I needed a thinner nut.
Same both sides and the weight of the car did not change anything.

Probably then alignment of the bushes shoulders through the hole put the weight of the car on the rear dampers then do the nut thing
Doesn't make a difference I'm afraid, tried multiple times and many combinations to get them to fit with standard shocks!