Rear brakes sticking on cold start

A2ON

Platinum Member
Just wondering every morning when I set of to work even though the handbrake was not yanked on or anything the brakes (rear) are stuck on quite hard to any ideas what this might be ?

Thanks guys

mine does this, already had them stripped and greased once, not paying again. Take the handbrake off and pump the brake pedal for 10 secs, seems to release them a little before moving off with a bang.

I think they all do this, mines terrible some mornings but I can't park without the handbrake on :worried:

Does it cause any damage?? Certainly doesn't sound healthy!

yeh nothing like that bang... when they come free and you go shooting backwards with speed lol

When I brought the car I got a full years Renault warrenty so not worried about cost , just checking they don't all do it before I Take it back and add it to my already growin list of things for them to fix after a week ....

mine went back to dealer and they said the brake strip down was not covered by warranty so I had to cough up :worried:

Having only today wrapped up a complaint which I logged with renault uk about the dealer and there sales process and after speaking to the cheif sales manager for my local dealer . I hope I'll get away with it I mentioned this and all the other things to him and he said bring it in and we will sort it ...so fingers crossed hey

good luck! mine has been pretty bad the past week or so with it being damp.

Same here I had them stripped and cleaned during the last service, I also had to pay but I expected it to be covered under warranty. Im sure there is a How To on here which is something I would have done if I had know I would be paying for something a can do myself

i have literally just got back from the stealers with this same question.

i've had a similar problem on an old car, the pads, or excess brake pad dust, binds onto the disc after use. They said the same thing and all they could recommend was a strip down and clean.

i'll do that, maybe, if and when the weather gets better.

Mine do this and a friend of mine has the same problem on theirs. Its not as bad if you move forwads slightly first. So everymorning i pull forwards an inch first. But it is annoying and it leaves marks on the disc.

Mine doesn't stick :tongueout::thumbup1::thumbup:

That's great.

Anyway all booked in to have the list of things done including the brakes on fri 12th the day after my cadwell trackday so I will let you know the out come then ...

I think you'll find its rust on the disk and pad sticking them on. Mine does it when wet and I put in the garage overnight, then get it out for work. Focus used to do it as well, nowt to worry about. Listen for the grinding just afterwards when you apply the brakes, soon wears off.

Not really a thing to worry about is it?

Mine does it, once the car moves they free themselves then when braking for the first time they are fine.

stripping cleaning and copperslipping the rear pads does make a difference - they are a lot less prone to sticking on

Mine is the front brakes that stick on, i leave it in the garage chocked with the handbrake off to prevent seizures.
Its always my front discs that rust together ( i have a very damp garage ).