RB Clio Megane Conversion

So this just turned up! Cant wait to get it fitted at the weekend, been looking at 197 manifold replacement guides so assuming its going to be just as bad! Hopefully the bolts are slightly more accessible..

fc1bda1bce2f69c7651b3a0080477635.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So probably the most surprising and disappointing weekend in a while, took the old cat out, or what i thought was a cat after wrestling with the engine and several rounded bolts for a few hours to find the 'cat' had Miltek stamped on the side..
Really should have realised because of how skinny it was but i was more focussed on getting it out haha! Basically it already has a decat..
Would never have guessed, no EML light and the car is relatively quiet! Oh well, car is back together again, worst job ive done in a while.. feel like a right tw*t!
dc1f9b2947327b079b8349c940e173fd.jpg

I did wonder when you said you were running the standard cat, I wasn't sure it would actually fit in the clio bay. Did you get the new decat from eBay? Maybe they'll take a return and you'll only lose the postage.

actually a fair bit of room surprisingly! feel like such a **** haha..
Yeah ill see if they'll take it back!

Decat fail :lol:

How much was it? Does this fit the megane turbo then you need something between this and the clio exhaust?

[MENTION=52223]Daverb[/MENTION] it was £130 but the company are taking it back! so upset lol..
This fits the meg turbo then you use the miltek link pipe from the megane joined to the clio exhaust!

[MENTION=53714]FinlayMiller[/MENTION] I have - toyosports downpipe, milltek link pipe, milltek Clio sports cat, ktec Clio cat-back system. So you must be running something in place of the Clio cat? maybe a Clio decat pipe?

[MENTION=1918]Sean197[/MENTION] Its just an extended link pipe man, link pipe goes straight into the rear section of the clio Miltek

Okay so where do i start, had plans to get the car all sorted this summer with a diff, cage, buckets and harness' but something rather unlucky has happened.. A small stone has managed to get caught in my AC compressor pulley which has in turn shredded the aux belt, then fed it into the timing cover and snapped that too. b16a9483b9dec31bdcabcb30411359a8.jpg

Had a look down the bores with the camera at RenTec and damage isnt too bad, some small dings on piston three and a visible bent valve. Obviously wouldn't know the true damage unless the head was off.

So decided to bite the bullet and go all out, sent the engine down to engine dynamics on a pallet on Thursday for a level 2 build including forged rods and pistons. Bought my Quaife ATB this morning and once im back from holiday ill pick the gearbox up from RenTec and drop it off at Butlers Transmissions for a refurb and the diff to get fitted! Very excited and very skint haha! Also had a few issues getting it on the flatbed, think the coils need wound up slightly..
39afe94b339bbaf45cc3fd5fe92786a8.jpg
252b94bcf45461763088646092e52bba.jpg
72b5a040daeddb7e91c1f216a5df5041.jpg

Last edited:
when it comes to cars,we men dont know the limits..love it..hope it all goes well mate

That is unbelievably unlucky with the stone.

Still.....out of every catastrophe comes an opportunity !

You used Engine Dynamics before ?

Reactions: Luke_197
[MENTION=53714]FinlayMiller[/MENTION] you're off your head lol I'm close to setting mine on fire and buying an Audi S3 lol

That is unbelievably unlucky with the stone.

Still.....out of every catastrophe comes an opportunity !

You used Engine Dynamics before ?

no never used them, spoke with them on the phone a few times and never heard a bad word about them though, you used them before?

[MENTION=53714]FinlayMiller[/MENTION] you're off your head lol I'm close to setting mine on fire and buying an Audi S3 lol
[MENTION=1918]Sean197[/MENTION] My pals just bought and 09 S3 Quattro, hurt me a little knowing his stage two with basic supporting mods like intercooler, intake and exhaust can hit 360bhp, but then i remember how much more fun i'll have, and how much i embarrass him in corners..
Stay in the clio game man! You will fall in love with yours all over again when its done!