Rattling noise, ever had/heard something like this?

Hi folks,

since a few weeks I've kinda rattling noise coming from underneath the car. Sitting IN the car and driving I always thought it comes from the metal parts of the diffusor... So I went to a freind of mine who works at Renault. We lifted the car and he tried to locate the rattling... when hitting about 2.200 rpm it starts. So he located the noise at the first cat. Did one of you ever have a rattling like that? It only rattles at about 2.200 rpm it stops at 2.000 and 2.400 rpm, any thoughts? My mate thought that the cat is broken and ordered a new one which will be replaced an Monday.

Thanks for your support.

Oli

Decat is not what I wanted ;-) It´s just a warranty-thing, I purchased the 4-year warranty incl. 80.000km so it won´t be to my expenses...

Anyone any more thoughts?

Mine had the same problem. It was the a loose tube rattling in the centre box. Get the car warm and then give box a tap and you should here it ,don't forget to wear a glove.

Problem solved.... my pre-cat was broken and I mean literally broken, it just was lying in the "cat box".... so now manifold, flexi tube and pre cat are changed and everything´s fine again!!
Thank god it was on warranty because this would have set me back EUR 1.200,-- :clap: